ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Can't log on??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  10:33:00  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Relax. I asked our new host to install some extra memory which required that they shut down the server for a few minutes.

Everything should be fine now.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  10:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forum is back and looking normal at moment. Whew!

I'm going to try and edit each forum's properties again. I sure hope I am doing this correctly?

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  10:36:32  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which forum did you get the error with the subscriptions?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  10:49:12  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't even have to edit "Subscribe to topic" again and it seems to be working. You're a magician aren't you?

Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  10:50:40  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oops, some are different and I guess I do.

Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  10:55:34  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got that error message on this Topic in this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  12:03:10  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've fixed it on this forum. I copied the database for this forum from the old one but I guess it didn't copy it exactly and left out some info.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  12:13:15  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm tweaking the system at the moment so that the forums will run as fast as they possibly can.

If you notice anything odd, post it here.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

WillieW
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  12:41:49  Show Profile  Visit WillieW's Homepage Send WillieW a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Really, problematic in what way?

No problem about the new version. Later today.

EDIT: My problem logging in only occurs at You must be logged in to see this link.

It lets me log in, thanks me for successfully logging in, then bumps me back to a log in page.

I can log in fine at the IP number version at You must be logged in to see this link.

Any further advice, Padraic...???

-- WillieW
http://corruptedmetal.cjb.net
http://clubhousechat.cjb.net
http://irishwriter.cjb.net

Edited by - WillieW on 06/16/2004 12:53:34
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  14:15:15  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I copied all the forums from You must be logged in to see this link. to You must be logged in to see this link. (now forumco.com)

They are running exactly the same forum software. The in effect rules out a problem
with the forums or servers. It must be something else.

It also rules out;
incorrect time on your computer
cookies being disabled

Look closely the next time you login at You must be logged in to see this link.
and see if this icon appears at any stage in the bottom right of Internet Explorer -

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Noël
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  14:27:40  Show Profile  Visit Noël's Homepage Send Noël a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi!
We are still having problems with our logins. Some members cannot log in at all and have to use the “reply with quote” feature. Others, like myself, cannot log in under the “secure” feature. The only way we can log in is the “non-secure” way.

Also, when I attempted to post a reply this afternoon at 12:15pm Pacific Standard Time I received the following error message. However, when I refreshed the screen, my reply had posted, despite the error message.

We know you're swamped and very busy -any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Noel

You must be logged in to see this link.

There has been a problem!
There was an error = The transport failed to connect to the server.
Go back to correct the problem.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  14:42:03  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found the problem. Being fixed as I type.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  14:47:35  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Downtime 49 seconds.

Let me know if it worked.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  14:57:44  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've tested it and it works for me.

I've also decided to use the spare server as a backup server in case the main webserver fails.

You can access it by replacing the "www" in You must be logged in to see this link. with "backup"
i.e. You must be logged in to see this link.

Both webservers run off the same database so there won't be cases of posts only being available on one forum or the other.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Noël
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  15:57:30  Show Profile  Visit Noël's Homepage Send Noël a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you!

It does appear to be working very well now - we appreciate it! Thank you for getting to it so quickly!

Thanks again and take care!

Noel
USPFC
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2