ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Can't log on??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

jasonhuff
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  02:14:53  Show Profile Send jasonhuff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
we are having this same problem of not being able to log in for me and unkown members.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  03:06:07  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHats your forum url?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Jan

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  03:27:07  Show Profile  Visit Jan's Homepage  Send Jan a Yahoo! Message Send Jan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We're having the same problems with members being unable to log in internittently (cookies have been cleared, PC time/dates have been checked) and also the error messages when pages don't load fully. Even Refresh doesn't clear it sometimes.

When we get the condition when we can't log in, we're also not seeing the 'Reply' links, which means that everyone is having to do a workaround using 'Reply with quote'.

Can you check us out when you have a moment.

Many thanks,

Jan
Unofficial Steve Perry Fan Club Message Centre
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  03:29:23  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What happens when they try to login?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Jan

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  05:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Jan's Homepage  Send Jan a Yahoo! Message Send Jan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In each case, when they enter the log in info, it appears to be accepted but when the page refreshes, it asks them to log in again.

Jan
Unofficial Steve Perry Fan Club Message Centre
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  06:03:10  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then its a problem with setting the cookie.

Make sure that IE 6 isn't rejecting the cookie by following the instructions I posted earlier.
Also make sure that any firewalls are disabled before logging in.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

WillieW
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  12:21:44  Show Profile  Visit WillieW's Homepage Send WillieW a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic,

When you get through your "woes to do" list, could you swing by You must be logged in to see this link. and give it a few whacks.

It's misbehaving, not allowing people stay logged in. Mass email isn't working, so I can't enlighten the membership about the changes etc.

Obliged, as ever...

-- WillieW
http://corruptedmetal.cjb.net
http://clubhousechat.cjb.net
http://irishwriter.cjb.net
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  14:17:11  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know. When I get a chance.

I just wanted to say thanks to you all for your patience. I realise how frustrating it must be.

My first priority is to fix it, then I'll see what I can do afterwards to make up for it.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  15:43:23  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to keep you updated, the main problem is the bandwidth between the two servers. There's not as much as I was led to believe.

I'm in the process of moving the webserver to the database server in order to eliminate the need for any bandwidth at all.
You can check the speed here - You must be logged in to see this link.

It will take a couple of hours to copy over all the forums and then hopefully everything will be back to normal.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  19:31:04  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished about an hour ago and I've been testing it since.
Speed seems a lot better.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

WillieW
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  02:06:13  Show Profile  Visit WillieW's Homepage Send WillieW a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, still problematical.

Having one of those upgraded new-style forums would be sweet "compensation"... ;-)

-- WillieW
http://corruptedmetal.cjb.net
http://clubhousechat.cjb.net
http://irishwriter.cjb.net

Edited by - WillieW on 06/16/2004 02:09:23
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  02:11:38  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really, problematic in what way?

No problem about the new version. Later today.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  02:41:02  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic,

Things are working great on our Forum for me. I followed your instructions and my pages are loading really fast. Fractions of a second in fact. Very nice and great job. Thank you.

I do have a question though. My members want to know how to subscribe/be notified by e-mail when someone posts to a thread? I got into the control panel and changed things around and also used the option on each individual category, but still I can't find a function button or an area to check to get the notification. The only kind of subscription I see is to subscribe to the whole board. A couple of members have already done that, but I am sure they will be un-doing it quickly enough. Our forum is so busy that being alerted to every post will fill their mail boxes for sure.

Regarding compensation or making it up to us? Well, just the fact you care, your diligence and dedication to fixing the problem is enough for me. Life is never without problems, so the one that has been happening is small in the scheme of things.

I sure hope you got the rest you needed. I've been busier than a one armed bandit with only our forum, I can only imagine how intense and time consuming this has been for you.

Again thank you sincerely for your help.

Lady RV

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  03:01:51  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You need to edit each forum's properties.

Login as an admin, click the pencil icon to the right of the forum name.
The resulting page has lots of stuff you may edit but you will see near the bottom which
subscriptions are allowed. Change it to whatever you need. I have allowed topic subscriptions on this forum - "New Forum Information and Help" so you can see how its done.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  10:26:38  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning Padraic,

It's probably night there I know.

I tried to use our "Subscribe to Topic" on this topic and got the following error message.
quote:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e2f'

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'SUBSCRIPTION_ID', table 'supportforums.dbo.FORUM_SUBSCRIPTIONS'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

/support/pop_subscription.asp, line 166
I got that message 6/16/2004 at 3 a.m. and just now.

Also this morning I got a different error on both this forum and ours.
quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
Connection failure
/support/topic.asp, line 465

After the above error message (They are error messages right? I not actually sure of the terminology?)
quote:
The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:
• Open the 66.98.139.252 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
• Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
• Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
• You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

I did edit each individual forum last night and set it to the "Subscribe to Forum" feature but it appeared to do nothing.

Oh my gosh, I just went to my forum and it has no back ground or borders around topics and looks extremely weird. Then I hit a topic and a weirder screen of the same nature, click on the topic again and got this message.
quote:
ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9'

Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.

/montanaadministrator/forum.asp, line 329

What is going on? I have never seen anything like that before on the web. LOL Scared the pants off of me. I am going to copy and paste, then e-mail you a word document in an attachment form so you can see what I am talking about.

I'm only here for an hour or so before going to work. I will be back to check in.

Lady RV

What do they say about when it rains it pours? You're really pouring for you isn't it?

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 06/16/2004 10:46:44
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2