ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 *** Forum Problems - Post Here***
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  05:09:45  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It doesn't happen for me.

It must be your ISP's DNS server, they must be caching dns entries.

Close all of your browser windows and try again.

Or you could try going to the backup - You must be logged in to see this link.

Let me know if it persists.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

KeesTalk

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  05:16:12  Show Profile Send KeesTalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's still fine for me. Therefore, Padraic's assessment seems to be the most logical assessment at this point in time.

Does the back-up link work for you The_Prof?

Edited by - KeesTalk on 07/05/2005 17:20:07
Go to Top of Page

The_Prof
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  06:46:53  Show Profile Send The_Prof a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have now tried it on a different PC and it's working fine.

These bloomin' old machines in work... Grr... !!!

Many thanks for the speedy assistance folks.

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  07:10:47  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problem. Its not really the fault of the old pc. It will right itself in a few hours. Some ISP's cache dns queries for about 4 hours.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  13:24:28  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update:

Its been 12 hours since I caught the problem "in the act" this morning. I was able to see exactly what was causing the problem and took appropriate action. I haven't had any reports of problems since so I'm hoping its resolved.

The new server should be fully online now. Most of the forums should begin to switch from the old server to the new server automatically over the next few hours. When all forums have moved I will be saying a not-so-fond farewell to the old server. Any teething problems with it, please post here with as much information as possible.

You can tell you're on the new server if you see Powered by ForumCo™® 2000-2005 © at the bottom of the forum instead of the normal Powered by ForumCo 2000-2005

You must be logged in to see this link. will always point to the new server
You must be logged in to see this link. will point to the new server over the next few hours depending on your ISP's dns caching policy (don't ask).

Finally, thank you all for your patience & understanding and to Elizabeth (Keestalk) for stepping in and helping out.

Apologies once again.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  16:07:09  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just had to do a quick restart to finish tweaking the new server.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

KeesTalk

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  17:13:58  Show Profile Send KeesTalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I know I'm not on the new server just yet, no Powered by ForumCo™® 2000-2005 © for me.

You must be exhausted Padraic. You've been keeping long hours just to catch this entire "incident" as it happened. For that, we're all so grateful. Get some rest. I got things covered here.

And thanks! I'm glad I can help you out.

Edited by - KeesTalk on 07/05/2005 17:20:19
Go to Top of Page

Killzone
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  01:08:37  Show Profile  Visit Killzone's Homepage Send Killzone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm having the same old problem that was happening before. And, no matter whether I go to my normal site address or the backup address, it shows the new server info of Powered by ForumCo™® 2000-2005 © at the bottom of the page, but only if the text is highlighted.

The same old issues w/ no login boxes, text not showing unless highlighted, and the same security issue w/ being able to mess with the last logged in user's profile and password.

Any ideas what's going on with it now?
Go to Top of Page

The_Prof
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  01:20:53  Show Profile Send The_Prof a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep , same here - and got the new logo at the bottom so we are on the new Server as well.

Seems to be every day at the same time we cannot access our Forum (early hours of the morning uk time).

Have tried the Backup and thats is the same also.

And like the post above, the last logged in user's details are free and available for all to see.

Go to Top of Page

KeesTalk

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  01:37:36  Show Profile Send KeesTalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Give me a second or two huys and I'll wake Padraic and let him know there's problems even with the new server and the back-up server.
Go to Top of Page

KeesTalk

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  01:48:27  Show Profile Send KeesTalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic has been notified of the situation and should be along promptly to address it.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  02:04:40  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does it always happen at the same time? They're back by the way.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

The_Prof
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  02:08:27  Show Profile Send The_Prof a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah always seems to be round about this time...

Thanks again for the speedy response guys.

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

KeesTalk

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  02:09:16  Show Profile Send KeesTalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic, yes, it happens everyday at the exact same time like clockwork.
Go to Top of Page

KeesTalk

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  02:15:49  Show Profile Send KeesTalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RUlmer, you did a wonderful job coordinating the colors of your forum. Sorry, just had to say that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2