ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 *** Forum Problems - Post Here***
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Killzone
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  14:26:08  Show Profile  Visit Killzone's Homepage Send Killzone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is back to normal, and I thank you for taking care of it so quickly. I realize our time zones are different, so I do understand all of that.

I'm really glad to see all the praise in this thread. I take to heart and mind, very seriously, all that comes as feedback from other users. It is good to see so many pointing out that they don't plan to leave or wouldn't if they were me.

I will stick with this and see how it goes from here on out. I do like the forums and the ease with which I can edit and modify them.

Thanks everyone!
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  15:25:18  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, very much Padraic! I appreciate your help.

R Ulmer
Go to Top of Page

The_Prof
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  19:32:03  Show Profile Send The_Prof a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice one mate!

Well done getting everything sorted so quickly - and on a Sunday.

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

KeesTalk

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  01:07:15  Show Profile Send KeesTalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now I see, the 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' I got was a result of this which was fixed shortly thereabouts.

Thanks Padraic!

Edited by - KeesTalk on 07/05/2005 17:19:20
Go to Top of Page

The_Prof
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  02:29:09  Show Profile Send The_Prof a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oops! Spoke too soon...

Our Forum has gone all pear shaped again!!!

Edited by - The_Prof on 07/04/2005 02:29:28
Go to Top of Page

KeesTalk

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  02:50:16  Show Profile Send KeesTalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Again, let's try to keep this all to the thread that started this morning's server issues: You must be logged in to see this link. Thnak you.

If I could simply lock the forum, I would. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  06:13:16  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New server was ordered this morning. It should be online later this afternoon or evening.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

KeesTalk

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  07:54:56  Show Profile Send KeesTalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic, thank you for moving so quickly on this issue and I think I speak for a number of forum admin registered at the support forum.

I'm surprised that a new server could be ordered so quickly. But hey, we seem to live in such a fast-paced world now-a-days anyhow that getting whatever we want seems to take very little time now.

Again, thank you!

I surely know one of my members will be happy as can be about this since she always seemed to try accessing the forum when it would "give" on us.

Edited by - KeesTalk on 07/05/2005 17:19:35
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  08:11:25  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still don't understand whats happening. Everything has been ruled out including;

Hardware
Forum Software
Webserver
and about 15 other things Microsoft helped me rule out.

The server I have ordered is really overkill for what it needs to do.In order
for growth we would have needed one of these in about 6 months to a years time.
Ideally we would have a few of these in a cluster so that if one fails another
can take over within a few seconds. We intend to do this with the database server
also. It will take me a few hours to get it ready but it should be operational
later this evening. I would say 3-4 hours time.

If it happens in the meantime I will be on it almost straight away. If it happens
after the new server takes over then I don't know what I'll do yet.

I have locked all the other topics relating to the problem. Please keep everything in this thread.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  08:25:39  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It just happened again. Server is being rebooted.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

KeesTalk

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  10:05:02  Show Profile Send KeesTalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've actually made my members aware of this issue as some have already been wondering what's been going as of late.
Go to Top of Page

The_Prof
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  02:33:27  Show Profile Send The_Prof a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any update on the situation... ?

Have got an Under Construction Page on our Forum today.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  02:49:36  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is your forum?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

KeesTalk

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  04:05:28  Show Profile Send KeesTalk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic, the forum is You must be logged in to see this link.

I've went ahead and checked his forum and I ahven't received any 'PAGE UDNER CONSTRUCTION' messages myself.

Edited by - KeesTalk on 07/05/2005 17:19:50
Go to Top of Page

The_Prof
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  04:26:55  Show Profile Send The_Prof a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just checked it again...

You must be logged in to see this link.

- - - - - - - - - -

Under Construction

The site you are trying to view does not currently have a default page. It may be in the process of being upgraded and configured.

Please try this site again later. If you still experience the problem, try contacting the Web site administrator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are the Web site administrator and feel you have received this message in error, please see "Enabling and Disabling Dynamic Content" in IIS Help.

To access IIS Help
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open text box, type inetmgr. IIS Manager appears.
From the Help menu, click Help Topics.
Click Internet Information Services.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2