ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Can't log on??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  15:29:02  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't log into our forum under either my Admin name or my regular member name. Earlier I couldn't access the forum at all. Very early today I could not use the e-mail feature to even one member. I read where you have moved something to Texas. I'm not quite sure what that means but does that have something to do with what is happening here?

We've sure had a lot of down time the last couple of months. Is this move something to remedy that?

In advance thank you for your help and information.

Lady RV

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  15:32:50  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, now hmmmm? I tried to view active topics not logged on since I can't log on and got this message:
quote:
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
Script timed out

/montanaadministrator/active.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Most of that is nearly Greek to me. I am hoping you can enlighten me.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  15:37:28  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to look at your forum now.

I fixed all the problems you mentioned above earlier today, just after the move.

I posted info in the announcements forum earlier.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  15:50:15  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem with logging in was due to the idiot that hijacked our i.p. address earlier.
This problem will only occur while the domain forumco.com propogates across the internet. That should take about two days.

In the meantime, use - You must be logged in to see this link.

As for the script time-out, just try refreshing the page.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  16:00:54  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic,

Thank you for your prompt response, also thank you for that alternate link. Worked like a charm. Will do on the refreshing the page too.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  16:02:51  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have verified that email and logging in is working.

I'll be working on the time out issue so it should improve.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Jan

United Kingdom
67 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  17:09:04  Show Profile  Visit Jan's Homepage  Send Jan a Yahoo! Message Send Jan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We can't log in either, and we have no reply buttons or links in the forum. Only thing it will let us do is start new topics.

Presumably our Admin access will follow the same pattern as Lady RV's?

Thanks Padraic.

Jan
Unofficial Steve Perry Fan Club Message Centre
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  17:18:15  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic,

Thank you. I can log on but a full page will not load. I don't get a time out error but a partial page. Particularly on the main forum topic page or a long thread. I'm trying to get to my private messages as a member has sent me one with a phone number I need to have. Since the private message area is at the bottom of the page and I can only load less than half of that page I can't get to my private messages. Of course there may be an alternate way to do that too, but I don't know how?

RVWheels and I really appreciate all your hard work and diligence. It seems you've really had your share of hurdles to jump this year. Here's to hoping that everything goes smoother for you during the second half of the year. We LOVE ForumCo.

Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  17:20:49  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see your our newest member on the forum.

Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  17:23:46  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It just worked! You must have done something??? Thanks!!!

Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  19:15:23  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spoke too soon, it's acting up again.

When I get on I am getting this error at the bottom of the page.

quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

Timeout expired

/montanaadministrator/inc_functions.asp, line 1179

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 06/12/2004 19:41:40
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  21:57:43  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't found out why its happening yet but just reload the page and it will be fine.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  22:14:12  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Make me an admin.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2004 :  22:55:37  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok. I've tuned the new webserver a bit and I think it may have helped a bit.
If you se the time-out error agin, please let me know.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2004 :  17:23:23  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are as of now an Admin. I have not been able to load this ForumCo support forum since yesterday, so I have not been able to check your replies. Let me know when all is fixed up and what I need to do. Just in case you can also e-mail me at MontanaOwners2@aol.com

Thank you,
Lady RV

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 06/13/2004 17:26:47
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2004 :  17:29:44  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just received this error on our forum right under our logo on the upper left hand corner.

quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
Timeout expired

/montanaadministrator/default.asp, line 146

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page