ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Registration page shows incorrect admin email
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

changjiangexperience
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2013 :  14:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy,

On my forum: ChangJiangExperience.ForumCo.com, on the new user registration page, the email address for the site admin did not update when I changed the site admin's email address.

The address shown is: dan (at) coloradopeaks (dot) net

it should be: cjexperience (at) coloradopeaks (dot) net.

I can't seem to fins a place to change this address and a search of the support forum was fruitless.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan K.

changjiangexperience
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2013 :  14:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops, I didn't look hard enough. I found the setting on the "Email Server Configuration" page.

Thanks,

Dan K.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2013 :  12:17:31  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dan,
you can change/correct your email address by clicking the "Profile" link (it's one of the links up near the "Log Out" link). Change the email address and "Submit" the change.

Also;
another way to change or edit your email address (or any other member's address) is to simply ;
click the "Members" link, then click the "Pencil" icon (on the far right of the member's username); that brings up the "Modify User's Profile" page. Change the email address shown, and "Submit" the change.
It's done.

You must be signed in as the Admin to change other member's email address, and other profile items; also, each member can change their own email address and submit a change. The member will/might receive a confirmation email to confirm they are the person that changed their profile page.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2013 :  09:35:01  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dan,
I was thinking of something different before. Yes, you are correct about how to correct/change the Admin's email server address.

Under the Admin Options is the "E-mail Server Configuration"; clicking that will bring up the area showing the option that enables the address to be changed.

Note:
The address mentioned above does not have to be the same as the address listed (or shown in) in the Admin's membership list; they can be two different email addresses.
Go to Top of Page

changjiangexperience
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2014 :  11:02:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks RUImer

Dan K.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly