ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Support
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  13:39:00  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is the Best. Let's make it even better!

This is to remind all members that this is a SUPPORT forum. Realizing support also means reporting forum problems and the like, I'd also like to point out the other helpful things available on this forum; and of course that it is not for SPAM type post.

I rarely see new request which ask for help in setting up or making changes to the individuals personal forums. I take it that most Admins of the current forums are not having any trouble in this area. But, (just as a reminder) I'd like to make sure Admins know that help is still available. That also applies to the questions of the members of ForumCo type forums.

I'd also like to suggest that advanced Admins add to this thread with any special suggestions or unique ways that will help new (or otherwise) Admins to change or improve the way their forums look; interact; and provide service for the members of the forums.

Suggestions for example, but not limited to are topics such as:

1. Ways to deal with SPAM posters?

2. Help with page background designs; unique and especially neat ones?

3. Images within post, sizing and/or loading faster time?

4. Ways to increase or get new (more) forum members?

5. Ways to get members to participate more in the forum?

6. Encouragement of, and help of, members in the use of the "Search" option available via the forums.

7. I suggest each Admin create a sub-forum within their forum; their own "Help" forum. This would be for their members to find answers and post questions. It would be an addition to ForumCo's basic FAQ help.

8. What is best; using image, or the URL to an image?

9. Pros and cons of posting videos and animated graphics within forums or as avatars.

10. How long of a time-period to set for removal of un-participating (old) memberships?

11. Purpose of, and responsibility of, Monitors of forums.

12. Question of having a co-Admin; or not to have one?

13. What is, and should I "Archive" my forum's topics?

13. Not all persons are familiar with ForumCo's forums and how they are structured. Finding one's way around within the forum's levels can be confusing for new members. Help for members in understanding how to post; such as; should they post as a "Reply To Topic' post, or a "New Topic" post. The more the member understands, the more organized the forum stays. This aids others to find, and follow, the messages and topics being posted. If one is lost in the forums, they rarely will post or continue participating.

14. A " Forum Tips" sub-forum is also a good thing to have. This is a way of providing useful help for those using the forum(s).

The subjects above are only a very few of a large number of topics that have been posted within this support forum. All these topics can be added too, and new questions answered.

It's a great support forum! Can we not make it greater?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2