ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Change Forum URL in Main Forum Config
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

teamasc
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  17:03:39  Show Profile  Visit teamasc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started a forum a few years ago for the club I was a member of and helped run. Earlier this year, the owners decided to close down, and I started my own club. I see there is a Change Forum URL button in the Main Forum Config. Would like to change it to represent the name of my new club, but the setting doesn't appear to do anything. Any suggestions, or am I out of luck and have to stick with the old URL or find someplace to create a new forum? Thanks.

Todd Alexander
teamasc.forumco.com

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  18:46:26  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Todd,
You can not change the URL to the forum. Not unless you start a totally new (different) forum.

What you are seeing within the Admin Options under the "Main Forum Configuration" is explained below.

The "Forum URL" is for an action (a link) when a viewer clicks the forum's image. That image is usually located in the upper left of each page within your forum's pages. It is not changeable (so to speak of) as a way of changing the actual URL to your forum. Changing that info in your "Main Forum Configuration" options only changes where the viewer goes if they click the forum's image. I use it as a way to quickly click and return to the main (top) entrance page of my forum.

The "Home URL" is for the link titled "Home"; located to the right upper area of the forum's pages. It's up on the right side by the area where other links are located; links like, "Profile", Register", Active Topics", and others. It's above and to the left of the log out button. One good use for the "Home" link is to set it to your website (if you have one). For example; I have a dot com service, my "Home" link takes viewers to my dot com entrance page.

I hope this helps you.
Go to Top of Page

teamasc
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  12:03:25  Show Profile  Visit teamasc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. That explains it. Doesn't help my position, but I'm clear, now.

Todd Alexander
teamasc.forumco.com
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  14:36:11  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by teamasc

Thanks. That explains it. Doesn't help my position, but I'm clear, now.

Yes, it is a little confusing as to what that option does for the Admin, but keep in mind "A rose is still a rose by any name". So even if it your forum has the same URL, you can still change the name of the forum, or anything else you'd like to make the now-forum different from the other older version that was originally there.
The URL is just the web address, but the forum is what you make it to be.

If I can help you, with any ideas you have, feel free to PM me or post here and I'll reply.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2