ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Slow page opening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  13:40:17  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will do Padraic, and today it's much, much, much faster here on ForumCo's Support Forum.

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  15:25:38  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It still takes over 3 minutes to go through the log in process on my forum (as of 3:20 P.M. today).

I can't work with my members as it is now.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  16:00:27  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is the forum url ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  17:31:41  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

What is the forum url ?

Well, the last time it took only 3 seconds or so to get the login page up; but it took 73.48 seconds to go from the "You Logged in Successful" page to open the forum's main (entrance) page.

The forum is at;
You must be logged in to see this link.

Question: Is that URL expected to have two ".asp" extensions in the address?

Thanks for your time.
Ron
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  17:33:53  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right after I posted the URL post (above) your support forum kicked me off???
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  18:13:32  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do you mean kicked you off ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  18:42:14  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've rebuilt the indexes on your forum tables. Any better?

The double .asp is correct in this case.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  21:30:29  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

How do you mean kicked you off ?

When I used the "Post New Reply" tab I lost the forum page. Internet Explorer would not show the page. When I went back to my Favorites link and returned to the forum's entrance page, I was no longer logged in, so I had to re-logged in.

Maybe you've helped the time problem, it only took 8.8 seconds my last login on my forum.

Thank you again.
Go to Top of Page

truvy
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  12:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
checked in today and my forum is running better. I've asked the members to keep tabs for me incase I miss something, Thanks for your work.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  13:29:39  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is the url to your forum?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  14:31:50  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will be monitoring the forums for the next 24 hours to see if the config changes have helped. Let me know if you see anything strange, if there are any improvements or degradation in performance.

Thanks for your patience.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  07:33:08  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks better to me.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

hellkat

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  17:53:07  Show Profile  Visit hellkat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ours is working perfect, Thanks for the fix !

www.prowlerfromhell.com
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  09:43:41  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My forum is working great today!

Thank you much.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  09:52:20  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was slow this morning during backups which resulted in some timeout errors. The backups took 39 minutes and are performed every second day. This to me is acceptable i.e. less than an hour of downtime every second day to safeguard the forums in the event of a disaster.

I am going to concentrate on the paid forums in the near future (i.e. I'm going to enforce billing more strictly) and put the proceeds into better hardware.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2