ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Slow page opening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  04:38:32  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been working on it for the last few days. I'll let you know how I progress.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2010 :  13:04:20  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've upgraded about a quarter of the forums so far to the new database server (including the support forum). Hope to do the rest over the weekend.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  12:59:59  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Upgrades and maintenance are mostly finished but it will take a few days for the performance to improve while the database tables are re-indexed.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

hellkat

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  20:03:06  Show Profile  Visit hellkat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the hard work.... myself and the members appreciate it...

www.prowlerfromhell.com
Go to Top of Page

truvy
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  03:51:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been having the same problem with my forum. I thought it was my computer but I tried a different one and then posted the load time question for my members.

I archived all post that were older than 5 months and changed our background colors to something plain to see if that helps. I'll also wait and see if your updates make any difference too.

I'll notice a 4.3 -20.2 second load time at times. So will see ....

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  04:22:18  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The database table indexes were being rebuilt over the weekend. That job took over two days to complete and was responsible for the slow page loading times. It has finished now but I will need to check to make sure that it completed correctly. I may need to run similar jobs in the future. I'll post any updates in this thread.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  11:15:50  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As of this posting, the forum is still just as slow as it has been for weeks. It's common for the pages to take 30 seconds or more to load.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  16:46:00  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finished a major job this evening that should help. A minor one will be finished in a few hours.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  00:10:18  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic thank you for all you're doing to improve the forums.

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  02:43:26  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How are your forums ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  13:03:12  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quite unreliable and time consuming, as shown by this snapshot I took a few minutes ago (about 12:30 P.M.).
I was not able to even post a reply in answer to your question (for more than 10 minutes) due to Microsoft timeouts when trying to get to your last post.
Sorry

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  20:25:33  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've made some changes to forum.asp. Let me know if you see any problems with it.

I've also taken further steps to identify and stop spamming robots.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  20:28:54  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Email was turned off for a while but it has been turned back on again now.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  01:37:38  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just had active topics here take 42.9 seconds to load, then when I clicked on the last post link which was your post above I got this... Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 error '80040e31'

Query timeout expired

/topic.asp, line 414

Clicked the back arrow and clicked on the last post link again and got the page to generate in 15.11 seconds.

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  05:29:39  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've made some changes to day to stop the thousands of bots trying to spam the forum. If you get a message saying you're banned post the text of it here. Also, if you notice anything strange post it in this thread.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2