ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 url link limits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ascidiella
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  12:50:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. I'm an admin/mod on another forum, and to help our members with finding the most important info, we have stickied Index threads. We used to be able to put as many links as we needed into 1 post, which was just fine for some of our lists of 30-50+ threads. However, I found that recently when I tried to modify and update some of these old threads, forumco now tells me I will be banned if I succeed in posting anything with more than 20links in 1 post. 20 links is definitely not adequate for our purposes, and splitting up the list of links really decreases the clarity of organization.

I understand this is a measure against spam, but we have a highly regulated, modded, and organized board, and as an admin and mod, I would expect that I could at least have the option of posting more than 20 links, even if the regular members do not. Would it be possible to revert this back or make it an option for max links per post in the admin options for each board?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  04:24:18  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you login as admin you should be able to do it.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  08:37:26  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just looked at the code. As an admin or mod you should not be getting this problem. It only affects normal members.

I'm not in favour of removing the feature or changing it as it has proved to be highly effective.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Ascidiella
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  09:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand you would like the keep the feature as is, but there seems to be something that may not be working as intended that happened recently, whether it's on my end or something specific to my forum (northstar)? I am only ever logged in on my account where I'm admin and mod there, so I'm really not sure what is wrong. It also recognizes me as a mod, since I'm editting and adding to locked threads with no problem. Even if I log in extra to the admin options panel (I'm not sure if that's intended, to have to log in again to access admin options even when I'm already signed into the forum), then browse over to the thread, I still cannot post more than 20 links. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  09:15:44  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link.

What account on the forum above have you being using to post threads with links ?

Its quite possible there is a bug so the more info you can provide the better.

If you could post a link to one of the threads, that would be good too.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Ascidiella
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  09:34:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My account there is also Ascidiella.

This is one of the threads I was trying to update... if you notice in the last two posts, I've had to split up 2008 to stay under the 20 links limit.
You must be logged in to see this link.

We have several of these index threads, in Marks, Round Table, and Navigators of Dawn sections, if you wanted to see any other examples.

Thank you for your quick response, and please let me know if there is any other information I can provide that you would find helpful.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  10:49:48  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a bug.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  11:17:45  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its with the javascript warning. I will need to write out different javascript for admins & moderators rather than for normal users.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2