ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Loading extremely slow!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dave Altman
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  18:01:14  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Made some more changes today. Keep posting if you still have problems.

It took 16.75 seconds to load at 7:05 PM EST

At 8:08 PM EST:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company

This page was generated in 35.94 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Dave Altman
Administrator of the Anthony Gatto Juggling Talk Forum
http://anthonygatto.forumco.com/default.asp

Edited by - Dave Altman on 10/03/2008 19:03:59
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  18:10:06  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Dave. I watched the main server at 5-8 minutes past the hour and found a process which was taking up 100% cpu. It was a spam filter which runs every so often. The guilty filter is now history.

Let me know if it persists.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  10:03:05  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've certainly seen a vast improvement since the fix yesterday. Anyone still seeing problems?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  16:23:10  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our forum and this one is lightening fast today. Thank you very much Padraic, it's super. Even with my Verizon Aircard it is loading like it used to at home with a cable modem.

Lady RV

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 10/06/2008 16:37:24
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  18:21:20  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FYI. I've changed the backup time to 3am CDT (Texas time) so you should see some slowness around then. All of the databases should be backed up by 3:15am.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  23:07:47  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

FYI. I've changed the backup time to 3am CDT (Texas time) so you should see some slowness around then. All of the databases should be backed up by 3:15am.

Thank you Padraic, most MOC-ers should be well asleep by that time. So, I think we'll be fine with that schedule.

You're the best of the best!

Lady RV

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  10:34:02  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any problems since ? Its very quiet here lately.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  17:41:50  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It took 3.17 seconds at 6:40 PM EST, right now, Padraic. I wanted to check several different times over a few days before I responded. It's defiantly better. Three seconds is common, but most of the time it's faster than that. I haven't been keeping a log, but it seems like it's under a second, most of the time.

I might keep a log for a week and try to figure out the slowest times and what the average loading time comes out to be.

Dave Altman
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  17:49:01  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The main page will take longer to load if you are logged in as an admin. Normal users will see faster loading times.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  10:23:17  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

The main page will take longer to load if you are logged in as an admin. Normal users will see faster loading times.

This was at 11:25 AM EST

Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company

This page was generated in 18.56 seconds.

Dave Altman
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  10:38:59  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I presume it was the main page. Was it just a once off or is the whole forum slow ? Were you logged in as an admin or normal user?

It comes up quite quickly for me even though it is quite a large board.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2