ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Loading extremely slow!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

WarBaby
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  14:03:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, my forum is loading extremely slowly, especially the last couple of weeks. I have had a great experience using ForumCo before all of the loading issues. I am having lots of members complaining to me about it. My forum address is m1carbineforum.forumco.com - If something isn't done about it fairly soon, I will have no option but to dump ForumCo and run vBulletin or phpBB.

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  17:01:54  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That forum came up quite fast for me. Another week and all of the old forums will have been deleted. I think there's about 4,000 - 5,000 to go.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

milzat
Starting Member

Ireland
20 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  19:19:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having the same problem. Members are complaining of slow loading and I'm experiencing the same, especially this past week. I really like Forum.Co and hope this issue is resolved soon.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  06:39:36  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm continuing to delete old forums. There's about 3000 left. After they're gone I will need to shrink the databases and defrag the disks so it will be a few days before everything is back to normal.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Mabel
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  14:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here, my forum is very slow and some members aren't able to access it at all. We're also getting "no topics found" messages in categories where there are definitely topics. I hope things are back to normal soon.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  16:29:49  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mabel, what is your forum url ?

The usual reason for "no topics found" is usually because the user has selected a filter i.e. "Show topics within the last 30 days" from the drop down on the top right.

I'm doing some work tonight which should improve things over the next 12 hours.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Mabel
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  16:33:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the url: You must be logged in to see this link.

I don't believe a filter is the problem because it's happening to all members and eventually, after clicking many times on the category title, the topics show up. It seems more to be a timed out issue.
Go to Top of Page

WarBaby
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  17:59:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Padraic, hopefully things get to running smoothly again once the old forums are deleted and you get your disks defragged.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  18:01:40  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any better ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Mabel
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  19:44:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everything seems to be zipping along now, thank you very much. I'm relieved, because we've been discussing whether we should begin looking for another host and we're all kind of attached to this place.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  04:11:22  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've decided that when I've finished deleting all the old forums I'm going to upgrade the database server hardware. It should take less time than deleting all the old forums and provide room to expand in the future.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  07:02:01  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The new database server has been ordered. I hope to have it online within a few days.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  06:38:19  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most everybody should now be on the new database server. Anyone experiencing any problems or slowness ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

milzat
Starting Member

Ireland
20 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  16:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Padraic,

Thanks for your help. Our forum seems to be loading faster. If I have anymore problems, I'll let you know.

Thanks again...........

Keep up the good work.

milzat,
You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - milzat on 05/14/2008 16:05:20
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  10:04:59  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, same problem. I got a complain today. Is there something going on right now to cause it? The member didn't say how long it was taking the forum to load. I suggested that he defragment and do a virus scan on his computer and anything else he could to improve his computer's performance, but I also told him I'd check to see if there was anything that could be done on this end. The load times are varying greatly for me as well, sometimes it's .08 seconds, other times, it's almost 30 seconds.

Thanks,

Sent - 09/21/2008 : 22:09:37
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave,

I enjoyed this site very much in the past but it has been so slow, off and on, for many months.

Lately, not only is it slow, pages are missing or don't load. I know this isn't your responsibility but I won't bother Anthony with this.

Forward my complaint to the website people if you care to.

Al

Dave Altman
Administrator of the Anthony Gatto Juggling Talk Forum
http://anthonygatto.forumco.com/default.asp

Edited by - Dave Altman on 09/22/2008 10:11:28
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2008 :  07:54:07  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are correct about the forums loading extra slow. In my case the times that I experience this are during the early morning hours, between 5:30 to 7:30 or so, (Central time).

I had figured that ForumCo’s server was doing some kind of maintenance doing this time period, but I don’t know that to be the problem.; it’s only a guess on my part. But there is defiantly a problem in getting the forums to download. Sometimes, it never downloads for so long, 3 or 4 minutes, that I give up and try at a later time. Then it loads fairly fast.

I'm sure the problems are related to the forums’ server, because it is not a problem with any other website, or forums (except ForumCo’s) during that same time period.

Maybe posting the time that these problems are being experienced by ForumCo’s users would help ForumCo’s Admins find, and understand, the problem?

Anyway, I don't think it is your computer, or server, necessarily causing the problem, but rather (from my experiences) the problem is consistent with a problem with ForumCo’s server communicating with my computer. We can't all be having the same problems, and all have the same problems related to our individual computers and servers; it is related to the forum's host server.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2