ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Database error on my forum - can't view topics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dr Chou En Ginsberg

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  14:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Padraic. Everything seems fine now.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  10:08:12  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic, I know you are busy, but please put it on your list to check out this forum;
You must be logged in to see this link.
At times the forum is very slow to come up. Other times it seems okay. Could it be related to the google ads loading, or some other problem? I know the backups you’ve scheduled could be going on at the times that I attempt to view the forum, but this slow loading seems to be happening at other times as well. I also thought it was my own server, but other websites load fast, so I don’t think the problem is related to my server.

Thanks,
Ron
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  10:31:19  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have any screenshots or a traceroute to the forum ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  10:47:44  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Do you have any screenshots or a traceroute to the forum ?

I'm not sure what you are asking about here? I could do a screenshot, but what would I take a photo of? There is nothing showing on the screen when I'm waiting for it to load, except my browser telling me it has found the website and is waiting for a reply.
I don't know what a "Traceroute" is.

I just checked it again, and now it seems to jump on the screen. That may be because it is stored in my temp files?

Don't waste too much of your time on it, if it loaded fast for you.

It may be okay?

Thank you for checking into it.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  11:01:24  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loads fast for me, see the timer bottom left -

There may be occassions when the forums are slow. It may be our fault and it may not be our fault. If I see the forums running slower than I would like I take action. Its as annoying for me as it is for you.

I am going to upgrade the database server this year even though it doesn't really need it. It is a big job but it will be worth it as it will allow ForumCo to expand.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  11:37:06  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you.

Ron
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  11:43:27  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you post the results of a traceroute to ulmer.forumco.com ? This will do it for you - You must be logged in to see this link.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2