ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Please Uncancel my forum!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sonicwave42
Runescaper Dude

24 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  18:19:29  Show Profile  Visit sonicwave42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I closed up the forum, locked everything, and hid everything. Yet I am still using it for nostaligic purposes and also as a resource for the mailing list so that I can alert members that we've moved.

We have not broken a single TOS before we left, and I see no reason for it to be canceled. Could you please restore it using the most recent backup? Thanks.

You must be logged in to see this link.

My Forumco-hosted empire is growing. It has more than 90 active users. Though my forums may not see much activity, its presence is spreading throughout the Internet. If you play Runescape, you probably have a specific viewpoint of it. Well, we probably have it covered, so check out our forums! Go to Sonicwave42's Runescape Forums today, and join the ultimate Runescape revolution!

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  15:34:13  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That forum was deleted for inactivity. It was rather large and it was obvious that you had moved to another host so it was deleted to conserve space.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  17:26:00  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've tried for the last number of hours to recreate the database with no luck. Sorry.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

sonicwave42
Runescaper Dude

24 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  20:26:38  Show Profile  Visit sonicwave42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Could you try again, please? That forum was an invaluable resource to my community and we really need it.

My Forumco-hosted empire is growing. It has more than 90 active users. Though my forums may not see much activity, its presence is spreading throughout the Internet. If you play Runescape, you probably have a specific viewpoint of it. Well, we probably have it covered, so check out our forums! Go to Sonicwave42's Runescape Forums today, and join the ultimate Runescape revolution!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  04:05:54  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its gone completely. ForumCo is not an archive, you're quite entitled to a forum provided you use it.

Google has some cached pages - You must be logged in to see this link.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

sonicwave42
Runescaper Dude

24 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  18:16:02  Show Profile  Visit sonicwave42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am entitled to believe Forumco can be used validly as an archive. All 1095 pages before this one are not active - they have not been posted in since 2005 or 2006.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  04:23:09  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are lots of forums older than that which are active. It doesn't change the fact that your forum is gone.

From the TOS
quote:
ForumCo Discussion forums are regurlarly deleted for abuses of this Terms of Service and for inactivity.

Deletion of a discussion board erases all database records and software from ForumCo's servers for the relevant account.

ForumCo is not obliged to make backups of its members discussion forums and will not be held responsible for the loss of data or any other material.

You had locked all forums on your board so no-one could post and included a link to your new forum (which was quite active). In my opinion using our mail server to send out messages to your users when you're not even using our services is just a little cheeky.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

sonicwave42
Runescaper Dude

24 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  16:18:31  Show Profile  Visit sonicwave42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay. I would appreciate it if you at least uncanceled it so that it is a brand new forum with no posts, then I can at least let the random passersby know that we've moved with a visible link to our new place.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2