ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Way too slow loading
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dr Chou En Ginsberg

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  09:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you ... it is interesting to note that googlebots and other spybots have an effect on access. I'll let my members know next time they start decrying the fact that we aren't being 'found' by google.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  12:22:51  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is your forum url ? I can add it to my Google account so that the sitemap is crawled (and subsequently the forum topics).

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Dr Chou En Ginsberg

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  12:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Padriac ... it is You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  13:50:16  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've added it. Some pages are already You must be logged in to see this link..

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Dr Chou En Ginsberg

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  14:03:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

gypsy4515
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  06:34:34  Show Profile  Send gypsy4515 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your hard work. I made a couple of posts this morning, and the first took quite a while and the second 35 seconds to post. It did improve, but I noticed it was a little slow yesterday when I was on.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  06:48:07  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any slowness could be due to the fact that I've recently changed the way backups are handled. There are two backup jobs run daily, one for the very large databases and one for the smaller ones.

The majority of the large backups are done at 5:30am New York Time (GMT-5) and it takes about 30-60 minutes. I'll have to check the time the other backups are done but they are a lot smaller and don't take as long.

At the moment I am doing daily backups of everything and keeping them for 7 days. The most anyone could lose in the event of a total disaster would be 24 hours of posts. I'm considering changing this to doing a backup every 2 days and keeping backups for 14 days.

Any thoughts ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

dustyspringfield
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  08:16:04  Show Profile  Visit dustyspringfield's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there! First of all thank you for your hard work. I generally love these types of forums.

There are two things I wanted to ask you:

a) Could you also add my URL to the Google account - You must be logged in to see this link. ?
That would be great!

b) The forum is incredibly slow today and two posts got deleted without any of the admins doing so - could that be due to the newes backup changes?

Thanks

Vera
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  08:22:35  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
a) Done
b) I'm halfway around the world and its not slow for me. The servers are currently under no load whatsoever.

Do you know how to do a traceroute ? Download this free program and do a trace to forumco.com and post the result here - You must be logged in to see this link.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

dustyspringfield
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  09:22:59  Show Profile  Visit dustyspringfield's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is back to normal speed now. I still don't know about the deleted threads. I'll look closer into tracerroute.

Thanks so far..

Vere
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  10:18:15  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll look into automatically posting when a backup is being performed so that you can tell if a backup is the cause. I can guarantee you that the only reason there is a missing post is because someone deleted it.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

gypsy4515
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  14:18:46  Show Profile  Send gypsy4515 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, the boards are painfully slow today. It took 63 seconds for me to read a post in one of our fourms and I lost count on how long it took it to actually load when I logged on. I checked on 2 seperate computers.

Go to Top of Page

gypsy4515
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  14:54:52  Show Profile  Send gypsy4515 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Our forum is still slow today, but not as slow as my previous post. It just seems to take quite a while to open topics. As always, thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  12:26:08  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of the larger forums will be a bit slower until I get a chance to do some work on the database. I need to clear out a lot of old unused forums and then optimise the databases. Its a lot of work and needs to be correctly.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

tessa
Starting Member

Australia
44 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  19:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one of my members is having consistent troubles with the board being slow for her. it seems to go through spells. recently she is having a 104 error, connection reset by peer.
anyone have any ideas why that might be happening?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2