ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Way too slow loading
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

gypsy4515
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  09:00:20  Show Profile  Send gypsy4515 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Several of our members have complained that it's very slow as well, especially when posting. Does the number of forums effect the loading time? I tried to archive some posts, but I recieved an error that there were no posts to archive. There are a lot of older posts. I would rather not delete.
You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - gypsy4515 on 01/10/2008 09:01:03
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  09:06:35  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you get more detail about the time of the problem ? I'll need to know the timezone also. Ask them to post here if necessary.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

gypsy4515
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  06:54:10  Show Profile  Send gypsy4515 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what kind of detail you need. When you log onto the forum it takes quite a while for it to come up. When we're posting, you have to sit and wait for it to process your post.

I'm Eastern standard and I believe one of the other admins is also who is having the same problem. Two of our other members are from Texas who are reporting slow loading times and its slow when they post. I asked my husband to check from work and he said it was very slow to load. We both have broadband.

Any idea why I'm having a problem archiving old posts? Because the board was inactive we have some posts 1-2 years old.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by - gypsy4515 on 01/11/2008 06:56:19
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  07:01:40  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If there are a few thousand posts to archive it can fail or take a long time. I may even have to do it for you.

There are a lot of factors which can cause slow loading which are outside of our control. The only time there should be some slowness is when a backup is being performed. Can you provide a traceroute or any other info?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkles
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  17:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure much else I can add. Basically the board is just really slow when you click on a link to one of the different forum sections or posts, regardless of what time of day. It did seem a little better today but in general it's just really slow for anything to load. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide and I'll do my best.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  18:28:22  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about a link to your forum ? A link to one of the pages that loads slowly or a screen shot of the page timer (bottom left) would also help.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

tessa
Starting Member

Australia
44 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  22:57:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the boards are slower than i've ever seen them.
we're having trouble...and so is this support board.
it takes about 3-4 minutes for a page to load on my board...and even longer in here.

we're getting a message on our board (gardendelights) saying that the amount of traffic exceeds the site's configured capacity.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  23:06:05  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At the moment there are a lot of users on the forums. I'm working on it.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  23:37:31  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I finally found the culprit. I'll be monitoring the situation over the next few hours.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

gypsy4515
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  09:30:57  Show Profile  Send gypsy4515 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great thanks. This morning it took quite a while for the forum to load and then i was finally able to post - after i posted in one of the threads, I clicked to return to the main forum and it took 23 seconds to get me back. I know your working on it though and thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  09:34:41  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is definitely something going on lately. I know that ForumCo is not the only one affected by it. I'll keep you all posted.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  20:10:43  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oops wrong section, sorry

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 01/17/2008 20:11:33
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  04:23:03  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tut tut Montana! Any problems since ?

Yesterday I wrote a little program to record all the different users/robots on ForumCo forums over a period of time. Results were startling. As we speak Google has over 225 Googlebots roaming through forums here. Google is one of about 150 different robots that has been crawling here in the last 12 hours.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Dr Chou En Ginsberg

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  08:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do googlebots have an effect on 'loading' then?
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  08:57:01  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At the time of the problem there were about 1500 bots trying to download a particularly cpu intensive page of the forums (no I'm not going to say which one). It led to all requests being delayed. I'm going to redesign that page so it cannot hapen again.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2