ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 New Version a few Glitches
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  09:58:15  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning, well it's morning here.

We love the New Version but there are a few things that are not quite in order.

First is registration. If someone registers they are taken to a page that displays this for a few seconds...

{edited]

I removed the actual e-mail address in the above message.

When you get the e-mail and you click on the link or copy and paste it; it says that you are successful, but when you try and sign on it won't allow you too.

Below is the e-mail I received on my Trial registration
quote:
Hello ******

You received this message from Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum because you have registered for a new account which allows you to post new messages and reply to existing ones on the forums at You must be logged in to see this link.

Please click on the link below to complete your registration.

If the link is split or broken, you will need to copy and paste the entire link into your web browser.

You must be logged in to see this link.

You can change your information at our website by selecting the "Profile" link.

Happy Posting!

I also removed the User Name in the above e-mail.

Trying to sign on produces this message...

User Name/Password were incorrect
Please try to again or Register for an Account

New Members are also writing me and telling me they are experiencing the same problem.

All the pending memberships disappeared when you implemented the New Version.

There are a few glitches in the "Active User" area, but I believe RVWheels will be by to explain those to you?

The registration is the biggest thing right now.

But again we love the new version!

Thank you,
Lady RV

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 01/15/2005 13:30:31

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  10:00:36  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I had to edit out the bit in blue.

I'm looking into the registration problems.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  10:07:37  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, and my are you quick. I thought I had posted it wrong and was going to add it back in. Then I thought better of it and I saw your post. You must be on at the exact same time as I am.

No problem on the edit. I just wanted you to see it and you did.

Thank you bunches,
Lady RV

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 01/07/2005 12:30:31
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  10:17:17  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its a definate bug which I will spend the weekend fixing out if I have to.
I think you should turn off registration for a while. I will turn it on again when its fixed.

You should also be aware that the forum url has changed. It was part of the reason why users were having problems. I have changed it on your board but you should change it on your website also.
It automatically redirects from the old board and will do so for a while.

Thanks for bringing up these glitches. If you can, keep them all in this thread.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  11:09:29  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I feel horrible if you have to work all weekend. I will turn off registration and ask that RVWheels or any of our other Mods will post on this thread with problems.

One of my mods noticed the new URL and I will go fix things as I come across them.

Have a question later for you on archiving threads...but that can wait.

Take care and please do enjoy some of this weekend.

Lady RV

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 01/07/2005 12:30:46
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  11:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I usually work weekends. Its quiet and I get a bit done.

I archived your forum yesterday.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

RVWheelsToo
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  11:21:20  Show Profile Send RVWheelsToo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padriac,
Could you please explain the items we see in the ACTIVE USERS section.....

Active member I think I understand.

Guest member... what is this?

Anonymous member... what is this?

On another topic.... Someone has posted a reply in an inappropriate section and we'd like to move the reply but there does not seem to be a way to do this. Is the only resolution to delete the post in question?

We are loving the new setup.... you have done a great job... Thanks... RVWheels MOC Admin
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  11:40:48  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A guest has an i.p., an anonymous user doesn't.

You should be able to edit the first topic (not a reply) and select a different forum form the dropdown. You may need to be a moderator or even an admin. Whats the topic url ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  11:47:40  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic,

I understand the quiet time. That's why I stay up so late.

Another small glitch...

...The prompt feature does not work in the formatting of a post.

Question and I hope it isn't dumb?

Is there a way to un-archive some threads or Forums/sections?

You really have done and excellent job. If I only possessed a smidgen of your brain power! A girl can always dream that it may happen to her someday. :sigh:

Lady RV

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 01/07/2005 12:31:05
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  12:00:14  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Prompt works for me. What browser are you using? Try clearing our your temporary files.
Are you using a firewall?

quote:
Is there a way to un-archive some threads or Forums/sections?

Not yet but I'm working on it.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

RVWheelsToo
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  12:16:53  Show Profile Send RVWheelsToo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

A guest has an i.p., an anonymous user doesn't.

Ok... Is a guest someone who is NOT a registered member?

Is an I.P. the same as an ISP? How can a person be on our board without going thru an ISP ..... unless they are located at the ForumCo site? Can someone make a network connection and not be working thru an ISP? I'm sure I'm confusing you because I'm confusing myself!

You should be able to edit the first topic (not a reply) and select a different forum form the dropdown. You may need to be a moderator or even an admin. Whats the topic url ?

Ok... this I understand. I realized after I'd posted this that we have never been able to do what I was asking. We'll handle it another way.... Thanks.... RVWheels MOC Admin

Edited by - RVWheelsToo on 01/07/2005 12:18:27
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  12:27:34  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I browse with IE and I believe my firewall is active. I had no problem before with the prompt feature and my settings were the same. I will try and clear out temporary Internet files and see if that changes it.

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 01/07/2005 12:31:19
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  12:30:06  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe upon a closer look that only the URL prompt feature is not working for me. It doesn't bring up the second box for the URL.

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 01/07/2005 17:02:49
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  13:40:57  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Registration is working again. Three bugs caused it.

I'll look into the url prompt problem tomorrow.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  13:43:26  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Took a quick look. Couldn't resist. Unless I'm mistaken there should only be one box for the url prompt?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  17:02:30  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for getting the Registration working correctly. I turned it back on in the control panel.

The URL prompt should have what you want the hyperlink to say and then the URL. That is not working. It only makes URLs that look just like you type them in.

Examples:
[url ]You must be logged in to see this link.[/ur]

Should look like this:

[url ="You must be logged in to see this link."]Montana Owner's Club[/url]

I put an extra space in the beginning of each URL so you could see what our forum produces and what it should produce.

Thank you for all the hard work. When you have time would you up the answers on Polls?

The new forum is great. We love it.

Oh yea, is there a way to bring back some of the archived posts?

One Moderator sees that all her subscriptions were gone from before...is that right or are they just not showing up as links under "My Subscription" page?

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2