ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 To our fearless admin...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  06:22:39  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll add the spellchecker when I get time.

A proxy server is used by ISP's to reduce bandwidth / improve speed for its customers. They use it to cache pages and serve them to the person connecting through their service. Ask your ISP if you are going through a proxy server. If you are ask them to add forumco.com 66.98.139.252 to their no-cache list.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  07:57:30  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I called and asked my ISP, no they don't go thru a proxy server.
Thanks for adding the spell checker, I downloaded mine to my PC and use it. Thanks for making it available.
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  09:12:08  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A PS to my last post. I went to another forum just like this one and mine. I had no problems using the buttons work there?! No idea what is wrong. :(
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  09:15:11  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let me think about it. I'll check your forum again but last time it worked as it should.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  09:34:45  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you take a screenshot of the problem and post it here?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  21:33:36  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic,

I am hoping when you get some extra time (Do you ever have any? I can't even figure out when you sleep) if you could add the spell checker back to our forum as well?

Thanks again for all your help,
Lady RV

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  02:17:59  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I intend to.

I thought it was already included in the update but I was mistaken. It will take a couple of days.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  09:19:17  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Padraic, you're a gem!

Lady RV

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  14:13:31  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't he tho...:)

Here's the screen shot with the error message.
You must be logged in to see this link.
I can use any of the preview reply .all those buttons..nor any icons.

A PS..the preview button and such work here okay.

Edited by - Katie May on 08/26/2004 14:15:48
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  03:09:01  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What browser are you using?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  06:39:08  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IE, only one I have.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  07:45:08  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you doubleclick the error notice, what does it say?

Does your computer needs any updates from You must be logged in to see this link.
(in particular, the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine)

Try once again to delete your temporary internet files. If the old js files are still there they would cause this kind of error.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  12:52:26  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, will check on this again and let you know. Just odd that it does it on my forum and no other ones??
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  13:11:44  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've copied over the files again, just in case.

When you doubleclick the error in the bottom left of your browser, what does it say?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  15:57:06  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the screen shot of it Padraic.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2