ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Forum off
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  17:53:36  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The post above took nearly two minutes to post, says 21.4 seconds. Not complaining just giving you FYI.

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  17:58:07  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was restoring two databases in the last hour. That's why the response was slow.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  22:31:31  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We are still not back to normal on the forum. Lady RV remains in the same situation. The super Admin can move around with no problem.

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 06/01/2013 17:50:55
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  05:28:26  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your forum will be offline for a short while today while I do some work on it.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  06:03:21  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Active users looks to be working again. Let me know if you notice anything unusual.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2013 :  17:47:15  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr Magician!!!! Thank you. Lady RV is no longer dead in the water. I will update you if something seems amiss. Again thank you!

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 06/01/2013 17:51:06
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  09:26:24  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're welcome.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  01:21:11  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just checking in to tell you all seems well. Knock on wood. Thank you again and have a wonderful week. I will send a pm too.
Go to Top of Page

Pauline
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  12:43:09  Show Profile  Visit Pauline's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm having exactly the same problem with my site, some people have no problems at all while others have said that everything looks normal until they sign in, and when they do all the categories disappear.
This is a screen-shot from one of the menbers

The strange thing is, that with two members living in the same house and using the same computer, one of them is experiencing this problem when signing in but the other one isn't, so the problemobviously isn't with their computer. And one member has emailedme to sa that he can't get into my site at all, he just gets an error message saying Internal Server Error.

My Active Users counter isn't working either -- that hasn't worked for weeks -- but this other problem only started last week.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2013 :  19:29:28  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pauline, you should post the URL address to your site when requesting help.

I found it, but it makes it easier when you post it.

Edited by - RUlmer on 08/18/2013 19:35:28
Go to Top of Page

Pauline
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2013 :  20:18:04  Show Profile  Visit Pauline's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry about that, for future reference it's You must be logged in to see this link.
Anyway, it's got worse tonight, since a few hours ago even I can't see any of the categories. Makes no difference whether I log in or not, I get the same message "No Categories/Forums Found". It's a weird problem as it seems to come and go, I'm completely baffled.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2013 :  10:13:36  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pauline,
I don't have access to the enter settings of your forum, however from what I can see, I see no problems with your forum's categories being shown. Only a ForumCo Admin, or an Admin of your own forum can see the "Admin Options" of your forum. How you have your forum setup I can't tell. But, I, just as a guest viewing the forum, see no problems. And I do see the categories of your forum that or set to "All Visitors".

From what you've posted so far about your troubles with the forum, it sounds to me like you may be dealing with a Server problem; most likely a service that has a "High Latency" issue, such as a satellite involved service.

In your first post you mentioned;
"The strange thing is, that with two members living in the same house and using the same computer, one of them is experiencing this problem when signing in but the other one isn't, so the problem obviously isn't with their computer. And one member has emailed me to say that he can't get into my site at all, he just gets an error message saying Internal Server Error."

Pauline, that tells me, it isn't your forum, but rather the person's Internet Server's connection that is creating an issue with connection to your forum. If one person on the same computer can get into your forum at certain times, and another (on the same computer) can't, then the forum is working correctly. The problem most likely would be with the person's computer, or their account with ForumCo, or with the service of the person's Internet Service provider. It really sounds like a
High Latency" issue to me.

All satellite involved service provider's have high latency times compared to DSL type service. If the request (you clicking on a link for example) is slow for the connection times you may be getting a "Internal Server Error" report.

Pauline, I suggest you run a "Tracert" (from your computer to your ForumCo forum) and see what the report shows you in reference to the time involved in the connections.

Until a ForumCo Admin can find time to check out your forum, I (as a moderator) can only offer the above opinion. If you need help on how to run a Tracert, post back and I'll give you instructions.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2013 :  01:43:00  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am on vacation at the moment but I had time to check out the forum. I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Which browser do the users use? Can they clear out their cache? Including any forumco cookies?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2013 :  01:43:32  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which ISP is it also?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Pauline
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2013 :  15:31:46  Show Profile  Visit Pauline's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well it seems to be working for me again at the moment (touch wood) but it seems that some people are still having problems. One says that he can see all the categories as long as he isn't logged in, but as soon as he logs in they all disappear again. And just today I had an email from a member who was able to post on the site last Tuesday but now tells me that he can't get into the site at all. I know that he is using Internet Explorer, but I don't know about everyone.

The thing that I find so puzzling is that not everyone has the same problem, and not always at the same time. In the past few weeks I've had at least three different problems, at one time I couldn't see the site at all, I kept getting an error message saying it couldn't be displayed (once I was told it didn't even exist !) Then I got back into the site but couldn't log in. I'd type in my name and password, click on the Login button and NOTHING, the boxes would go back to blank, I'd re-type my name and passwordand the same thing would keep happening over and over again. A couple of days later I managed to sign in again but then couldn't see any of the categories/topics (as is still happening with some people) For the past week or so I've been able to log in AND see everything on the site, but others still seem to be having problems. It just doesn't make any sense.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2