ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Colors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave Altman
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  17:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried to change the colors of the forum but things are different! It used to give the code of each color AND have a circle with the colors so that it could be adjusted/selected. Is there a way to get that circle of color back so that I know what color goes with the codes?

Dave Altman
Administrator of the Anthony Gatto Juggling Talk Forum
http://anthonygatto.forumco.com/default.asp

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  12:30:53  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its an issue alright. Its broken in Firefox, Chrome and IE. I'll get it fixed as soon as I can.

You can use the color picker on the main page in the meantime - You must be logged in to see this link.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  14:18:33  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its fixed now. I really like that feature.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  18:48:19  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Excellent! That makes it so much easier. Thanks!

Since we are talking colors, I have a request. I would like it if we could pick the colors of the text, links, and hover colors inside the cells and the ones outside them separately. We like to use a dark background color on the outside and use lighter colors for the cells, so it's very difficult to pick text colors that work in both.

Dave Altman
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  21:54:01  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

It's not quite fixed. I thought it was, too, but I just tried using it and it's still not the same as it was.

Before, I could click anywhere on the square and/or move the slider, which would change the code, but now that isn't the way it works. I can change the code and the slider and the blue dot move, but not the other way around. I don't have the code memorized, so I just have to guess or use a trial-and-error method of getting the right color.

Dave Altman
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  05:53:34  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll have another look.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

J-Loo
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  07:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It works for me. Excellent job! :)
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  08:07:36  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by J-Loo

It works for me. Excellent job! :)

Nope, it's still not the way it used to be.

I used to be able to click on the code, then a square popped up, which had a blue dot on the square, which was located, to the right of that was a blue slider, which pointed to the color range, then to the right of that, is a bar of the selected color.

All of that disappeared for a while, but now that is back; BUT, the blue dot and the blue slider used to move by clicking on it and holding it, then they could be moved anywhere on the square and the color to the extreme right would change and the code would change as well.

It works in reverse, though. If I type in a different code, the dot moves and the slider moves and the color to the right changes to the code entered. This is better than nothing, but it is no where near good as it was before.

My browser is Safari, if that makes any difference. I don't think it should, but I thought I'd mention that, anyway.

Dave Altman
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  08:32:55  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It works for me now! Thanks, Padraic!

Now, what about my other suggestion/issue? Is there a way to change the fields so that the inside of the cells and outside the cells can have their colors selected separately?

Dave Altman
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  08:35:37  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dave, just a suggestion;
You might want to try using a secondary website for finding the color you want and its code, for example try this website:
You must be logged in to see this link.

However, there are many other different charts available on the Internet. Simply do a Yahoo or Google search for "color codes".
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  08:44:05  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RUlmer

Dave, just a suggestion;
You might want to try using a secondary website for finding the color you want and its code, for example try this website:
You must be logged in to see this link.

However, there are many other different charts available on the Internet. Simply do a Yahoo or Google search for "color codes".

I guess you guys are still doing something because it's not working again. I was all excited that it was working, then I went back as soon as I posted here and it wasn't working for me.

I know there are secondary websites, but why should I have to go to them? This feature was there before on the forum, why can't it be fully functional again?

Dave Altman
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  09:00:27  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It may not be ForumCo that is changing things.
The web browsers and Internet is always changing, keeping up with them, and the code needed to do so, is an on-going job. What is here today may change tomorrow.
Just trying to help you, sorry.
Go to Top of Page

J-Loo
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  09:22:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's still working for me and my hubby. Anyhoo, we're both using firefox if that helps any but nevermind lol :)
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  15:40:41  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't found a solution for it yet. I'm due to go on a weeks vacation tomorrow. I'll continue trying to fix it when I get back.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

J-Loo
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  02:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you have a wonderful vacation! You deserve it!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.51 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2