ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Can administrators add new members?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

magnasoft
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  01:21:50  Show Profile  Visit magnasoft's Homepage  Send magnasoft an AOL message  Send magnasoft a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As an administrator of a free forum at Forumco, can I add new members to the forum without they explicitly adding themselves?

The problem is that some members whom I would like to be part of the forum either have strict email filters (that filter out welcome/registration emails from forumco) or are behind proxies that prevent them from accessing the forum. Other potential members are plain lazy :-)

In any case, I'd like to explicitly register them myself. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks in advance.

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  16:18:10  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes you can. I've done it many times.

Just register their info as you were them.
Then sign in as the Admin of your forum. You will see the usual "Members waiting for approval".
Sign into the "Admin options" and "Approve" the membership (s).

NOTE:
You must place a "Check" in the box by the awaiting member's username, and "Click" the "Activate Account" option of the member. This will bypass the confirmation email requirement.

Then send the member (by email outside of the forum's email) the password and username you chose for them to use.

Have the member sign in and "Edit" his account; and change their password to something else, should he wish that you not know it.

If they are that "Lazy", you might have to send them the URL for them to log in.
You might even have to post for them. (Sorry the Devil made me make that last statement. )

Edited by - RUlmer on 08/11/2009 16:26:02
Go to Top of Page

magnasoft
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  01:04:50  Show Profile  Visit magnasoft's Homepage  Send magnasoft an AOL message  Send magnasoft a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks RUlmer! Worked like a charm.
And yes, I might even have to post for them
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2