ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Vimeo? ExposureRoom?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  11:32:57  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been doing some work on it and had figured that much out. I'm doing exams this week but I should begin proper work on [vimeo][/vimeo] tags next week.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  12:09:33  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is excellent news! I can relaunch ukfilmforum with some features the competition don't have, and which are sorely needed.

I notice the embed code on Rendezvous has fullscreen=1 but the forum embed doesn't do it. Is that a BBCode limitation? Or have you inadvertently stripped that bit off? Full screen capability is a good thing.

Good luck with the exams! What are you studying?
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  17:37:58  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been getting emails with a link that takes me to the message:

"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'
Invalid column name 'T_ISPOLL'.
/topic.asp, line 120"
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  18:15:21  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you post the link here? Its nothing to worry about.

I'm doing an MSc in Information Technology at the moment. I already have a BSc in Computing and a BA in Law. I started studying in 2003 and haven't been able to stop since.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  18:16:59  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I've been doing some code tweaking here

- To watch full screen click here: here

or even

- To watch full screen click here:

(but with a better image)

I included &autoplay=1&showsearch=0 in the full screen window, as well as &ap=%2526fmt%3D18 to make it the HQ version.

You know, it seems to me you don't need the search drop-down enabled in your forums (who uses them?) nor do you need "Hosted by YouTube" underneath. No-one else includes it, and it clutters the page, and if YT objected to them being switched off they would have locked those features and not included the code. Might I suggest you replace "Hosted..." with my "To watch full screen click here"? That would be neat.

But there are problems...

- If there is no HQ version at YT (involving a 640x360 upload) YT reports the generic error code "this video is unavailable"

- A lot of folk these days want to show off their HD videos! The code for this is &ap=%2526fmt%3D22.

It's up to you whether you want to enable HQ and HD in the windows here, and whether you think an automatically generated link to a full screen version is a nice idea, but (without your server actively checking with YouTube for what links will work) I don't see how one button can accomodate the needs of poor quality (or old) videos, HQ, and also HD. Until YT introduces a "load the best quality video available" code (which is what's needed) I think you need 3 buttons...

But once you accept that fact it's quite simple. Here's my vision...

1 - YT button: as currently is, but with "Hosted by YouTube" changed to "To watch full screen click here" with automated link (with &autoplay=1&showsearch=0)

2 - YT HQ button, as 1 above with HQ coding added

3 - YT HD button, as 1 above but with HD coding added

All above with showsearch=0 in the forum window, and with windows at 640x400 (but you could leave choice 1 at the size it currently is)

My 2p. I hope I'm being helpful rather than interfering.
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  18:21:33  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had several

You must be logged in to see this link.

IT eh? Why am I not surprised? And law? You picked the easy ones then?

Edited by - ukfilm on 01/13/2009 18:22:46
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  18:23:15  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmmmm.....

showsearch=0 is no biggie. autoplay should also be 0 in case there are more than one video on the page?

The rest I'll have to look into.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  18:29:31  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheers!

I meant &autoplay=1 only in the full size window, if you go for that.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  18:34:01  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was testing a new mod on the demo forum earlier. Those topics are gone now. You may have noticed that if you try to post 20 links or more in a post you get a warning.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  18:40:58  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, that's not something I've tried.

But I've seen spam like that.

Hmm.. I may have used a dozen in an article giving advice with links. Good to know though.
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  04:57:35  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
p.s. normal SD videos on Vimeo native file size is 504x380.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  17:09:37  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does vimeo have other sizes available then ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  17:50:33  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HD: 1280x720, but looks good as 640x360. Allowing the full screen button to work or having a full screen link would be good though.
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  09:55:44  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might find this useful: You must be logged in to see this link. or then again you might not...

I'm having some problems here with my HQ embed tags. Not sure if it's me or YouTube. I was thinking they'd turned them off, but the Sweeney Todd one above still works...

EDIT
Ah! Just found this on a forum elsewhere "othertimes as soon as you upload a track and it goes LQ, you have to wait about an hour for the &fmt=18 to take effect" So you may have to wait around for any tests to actually work!

Edited by - ukfilm on 01/16/2009 10:01:18
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  08:03:10  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might also find this useful: You must be logged in to see this link. either for use here, or for embedding your own videos (if you have any).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2