ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Forum Slow Again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  21:23:29  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our forum is a bit slow again. Another Admin was having difficulty as well as a few members that I am aware of.

I got the following message...one I had never seen before.

quote:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/topic.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Now I am embarrassed to admit it, but I don't know what the last line means or how to do it?

Thanks very much,
Lady RV

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  16:28:43  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What was the topic ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  22:16:47  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shoot I don't even remember now. My brain seems to have left my head, sorry. If it comes to me, I'll be sure and post a link. Again I am sorry...I know better than not to add the Topic.

Lady RV

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  05:38:07  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I might just have been during a backup.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  16:40:48  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any repeats since ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  18:43:50  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have not noticed any. I will let you know if I do however or if anyone else mentions it.

Lady RV

Go to Top of Page

vervoid
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  06:12:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The timeout monster is affecting here:

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  06:58:02  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid I need more info. Can you post a screenshot of the forum the next time it happens so that I can see the page you are on along with the error message?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

vervoid
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  08:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the error message, it's the same one that seems to happen every other month or so.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/post_info.asp, line 1227
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  09:06:17  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you get a screen shot of you receiving the error? I can't recreate it.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

seemommygetfit
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  14:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the same one we have been getting, it seems to be okay today though.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  16:00:21  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Made a change to the database server just now. It should stop the timeouts from happening. Let me know if it persists.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

vervoid
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  02:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't get a screenshot as I was out last night, however it seems to have cleared. I'll let you know if there are any problems today.

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

seemommygetfit
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  12:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We can only can post very sporadically (1 out of 5 times) on my board at well. seemommygetfit.forumco.com

Screen shot won't work as well for me, but it's the error message already posted in "error when posting" thread and one here.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  04:25:43  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any better today ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  23:00:39  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our forum has been a bit slow or maybe it is my connection. I got a time out error twice today, text is as follows.

quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/post_info.asp, line 617

I also found it to be slow navigating around here today. Again perhaps it is on my end?

Hope you had a nice weekend?

Thanks very much,
Lady RV

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000