ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Google Adsense?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  06:59:44  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Would it possible to include a line of text in the 'in forum' adsense cell saying something like "Log In to remove these ads"?
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  09:00:34  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to check to see if it violates the AdSense terms.

I've made the change so you should see it on your forum now.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2006 :  16:55:28  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Cool. On behalf of all your freebie users, thank you.

Actually (a bit of reverse psychology here) I wonder if drawing attwntion to the Adsense cell with some text about getting rid of it might increase the CTR. Just a thought...

Anyway, encouraging folk to log in will probably increase the traffic.

Edited by - ukfilm on 06/04/2006 16:56:52
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  10:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I made a topic about this so ignore it. I have ads on my forum (which is a paid forum)as well You must be logged in to see this link. . I would like them completely removed please.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  11:07:27  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I received an email from Paypal to say that the subscription was cancelled on 1/1/07. I don't know why. The whole process is automatic. Once a subscription is cancelled we are no longer being paid for the forum and you have to sign up for a paid forum again.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  11:12:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I don't know what happened with paypal as my credit card was still totally valid. I updated the CC info with them so there should not longer be a problem.. Anyway, how do I sig up again as I have paid for it for the last 2 years and would like to continue to pay for it as to keep a professional look. Let me know what I need to do to fix this problem.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  14:27:46  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Paypal account says "Status: Cancelled - By Buyer" but I strongly suspect that you didn't cancel it. This is one of the reasons I stopped using Paypal. Its not possible to signup via ForumCo and pay using Paypal anymore but you can using WorldPay - You must be logged in to see this link.

If you want to continue paying via Paypal you will have to contact their customer support and ask them to re-activate your subscription. Good luck trying to explain it to any of their "support" staff. My experience is that they are useless.

I have taken the banners off temporarily so you have time to sort it out.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  08:10:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I signed up again... paid for it, the ads disappeared... now they're back again. Can you please remove them permanently. Thank you.

Edited by - anthonygatto on 01/08/2007 10:03:23
Go to Top of Page

hulagirl
Starting Member

20 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  21:30:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hulagirl

Google Adsense banners are now being attached to the first post in topics, at the bottom of the post.
Is it just me or is this going to be a permanent thing? It's annoying.

Mililani

Can you please delete the forum links from the original post?

Edited by - hulagirl on 04/07/2007 03:39:41
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  18:30:37  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know you can edit the post.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2