ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 BETA: Flash, YouTube, WMA, WMV and Google Video!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  11:52:26  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Is it neccessary that the videos be unwatchable to those who are not logged in?

I'm trying to make my forum(s) appealing to non-members to encourage them to join, but at the moment they get a discouraging notice saying they have to be logged in to able to see the very thing that would make them want to register.

How can they know it's what they want to use unless they can see it?

You can see how dull (and messy) it currently looks here: You must be logged in to see this link. (make sure you are logged out to get the full non-effect)

And remember: "You desire what you see."
    - Hannibal Lechter

Edited by - ukfilm on 06/25/2006 03:01:00
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  02:53:20  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

We still need those new video sizes too. The current defaults are way too small. I wanted to post the following, but it didn't fit, so I re-encoded it, and now the writing's illegible.

Original video:

You're not logged in! Click You must be logged in to see this link. to watch this clip.

resized to fit:

You're not logged in! Click You must be logged in to see this link. to watch this clip.

Unfortunately people are not going to make videos to fit our forums. They are getting bigger, and eventually they will all be widescreen.
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  03:26:59  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Any news on this yet?
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  16:21:15  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You've resized YouTube and GoogleVideo - brilliant! (When? And why didn't you say anything here?)

So, uh, what about WMV Quicktime and Flash...?

You can see the difference in sizes on page one of this thread and the increase in quality (and likewise the opposite with the Quicktime here above). It makes such a difference to the experience the end user gets.

I might even re-launch UKFilmForum...
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  16:23:21  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Why are YouTube and GoogleVideo different sizes on Page 1 of this thread?
Go to Top of Page

elitecagefighting
Starting Member

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2007 :  23:14:32  Show Profile  Visit elitecagefighting's Homepage Send elitecagefighting a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have tried to post a video which is at a 4:3 aspect ratio, but when I post it, it stretches it out:

www.EliteCageFighting.com

Edited by - elitecagefighting on 03/04/2007 23:48:57
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  02:41:33  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch!

It stretches out in IE for me too, but not in Firefox.

This is one for the Snitz boys methinks...

Edited by - ukfilm on 03/05/2007 02:42:47
Go to Top of Page

tazzboy77
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  00:24:57  Show Profile  Visit tazzboy77's Homepage  Send tazzboy77 an ICQ Message  Send tazzboy77 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok I have figure out Google and Youtube but how do you do Windows Media Audio and Video and Flash Player?

tazzboy77
Go to Top of Page

jox

Canada
115 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2007 :  16:10:43  Show Profile  Visit jox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did tutorials on my forum
You must be logged in to see this link.

its number 6.

hope these help.

http://levelupgamerboards.forumco.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page