ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 BETA: Flash, YouTube, WMA, WMV and Google Video!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  11:57:45  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The video player should be able to accomodate widescreen or you could have wide screen tags.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  12:01:49  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Wide screen tags then?

At the moment a widescreen movie is shrunk to fit, hence Cog is tiny, and it's the kind of movie where you'd want to see a bit more detail. What was the problem with Quicktime?
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  15:13:23  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the problem could have been with my browser. Using Firefox works & IE6 but not IE7. I'll be doing some more work on it soon. All users will need to be registered to view a video.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  15:14:22  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What pixel width & height do you want for widescreen & normal ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  17:13:12  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm.. tricky question. This is where PixelRuler comes in...

Oh this is weird: when I'm composing a post I get the baby, cog, and syriana all playing together. I'm going to suggest on my forum that if people use Flash, they build in a 'stop' a few frames in till it gets a mouseover...

Do you set the sizes individually for each player?

Flash 300x400 & 264x462 (that's 1:1.75)
Quicktime 316x400 & 280x462 (that includes 16 pixels for the player controls)
Windows 370x400 & 334x462 (WMP uses 70 pixels for the transport bar!)
I don't use Real myself, but it would be much the same: 300(+z)x400 & 264(+z)x462 with z being the size of the transport control bar.

Anyone with broadband able to stream these things will have a screen large enough.

Maybe you could make the Widescreen settings something that didn't use buttons (it could get cluttered up there) but instead the tags were available for reference in the FAQ

quote:
works & IE6 but not IE7
Now who do you suppose is to blame for that?

Edited by - ukfilm on 05/01/2006 17:34:33
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2006 :  06:56:20  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The 'Cog' Flash movie on page 2 still autoplays. Is there an autoplay=off code that could be added? Sorry to be a nusiance...
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2006 :  07:12:54  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Autoplay is supposed to be off already. I'll look into it.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2006 :  07:52:29  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks. It does so in both FF and IE.
Go to Top of Page

hakeforum
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  17:03:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Still autoplaying

The QT window is way too small:

You're not logged in! Click You must be logged in to see this link. to watch this clip.

The original movie was 480 wide. The url is You must be logged in to see this link.
    That's simply how it comes...

I don't see what the problem is with a QT window that is set 'too big'. In IE the final picture is centred, but not re-sized, and with a white background. No big deal. In Firefox you get a background the same color as the forum cell. It looks good. certainly better than cropping the movie...

You're not logged in! Click You must be logged in to see this link. to watch this clip.

This initial poster frame - is that a QT time thing, or a graphic built into the mod? Can it be changed to something a little more appealing? If the amswer is yes, maybe i could think about some suggestions. At the moment it's like a huge blank space.

Edited by - hakeforum on 05/17/2006 17:17:32
Go to Top of Page

ukfilm

123 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  04:37:41  Show Profile Send ukfilm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  08:11:05  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A bit predictable but good nonetheless.

Give me the sizes you want for the following tags;

QT WideScreen [qtws][/qtws]
QT Large [qtl][/qtl]

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

hakeforum
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  08:16:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Predictable? I thought so too. But keeps your attention. I think it needs a minute shaving off.

Quicktime 316x400 & 280x462 (that includes 16 pixels for the player controls)
Go to Top of Page

hakeforum
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  08:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

BTW photobucket uses a 'frame' for their initial poster image, like this

Is it not possible to have the default poster image here have a frame like that? Make it look more interesting? So you'd have the QT logo and 'click to play' inside a movie frame? I can design it if you like...
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  11:47:09  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Width x Height ?

Quicktime 316x400 & 280x462

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

hakeforum
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  11:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Height x Width

316 x 400 is really 300x400 with 16 added to the height for the QT control bar. A similar calculation for the widescreen to make it an exact fir for 1:1.75

Clearly you didn't read my post of 1 May... tut tut

Shall I do a design for the QT poster frame? Are you able to do a substitution, or does the current unattractive frame come bundled with QT?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2