ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 iframe help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  11:52:33  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Put this in the head section of your website pages

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
   function setBars()
   {
      top.frames['b'].document.body.style.scrollbarBaseColor='rgb(49,116,24)';
      top.frames['b'].document.body.style.scrollbarFaceColor='rgb(107,173,66)';
      top.frames['b'].document.body.style.scrollbarArrowColor='black';
   }
onLoad=setBars;
//-->
</script>

You will have to add name="b" to your iframe to get this to work.

You could also do it with css.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

smokey651
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  12:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i cant get that to work...how do you do it with css? maybe ill have more luck with that

http://smokey651.forumco.com
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  14:02:21  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

smokey651
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  15:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i dont know what im doing wrong here...ok i have scrolling on auto...on the admin section (the only current page that overflows) the scrollbar is there...i dont want the scrollbar there but i cant figure out how to take it away without still being able to see things i need to...anyways when i put that code on the page it still does NOTHING to the iframe scrollbar!

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  15:12:11  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Works for me

I'd say it depends on your browser.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

smokey651
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  17:50:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i mean...it does work on the main page...and i see your looking on my links page...but if you go to the image customization beta part of my forums you can tell its in the iframe because it scrolls...but where do i put the code so that the scroller is the same color as on my main site

Go to Top of Page

paper_clip
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  10:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In regards to the " target="_parent solution (Posted - 12/16/2005 : 03:45:43), I was having the same problem as smokey651. The fix is a good one... I tried it and it works. Thanks.
But, if I'm understanding smokey651's problem correctly, there remains another problem not resolved with that solution. When I select Home from the Jump To dropdown, my web site reopens inside the iframe--like a browser window within a browser window! Do you have any thoughts on this?
Thanks

Edited by - paper_clip on 12/22/2005 11:06:19
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  16:12:03  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes. You would need a javascript function which would detect if the home page was being loaded from within the IFRAME. This is not easy to do especially when you have to account for compatability with lots of browsers.

I'll keep looking to see if I can find solutions to these problems but it will take time.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

smokey651
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  18:03:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok.... and this is what i was talkin about

Edited by - smokey651 on 12/22/2005 18:07:41
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  18:21:40  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You using Firefox ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

smokey651
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  19:34:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ummm...no ie 6 notice how one of the scrollbars is colored but the iframe one remains plain

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  04:14:18  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happens for me now too. I noticed that your css is missing this

scrollbar-base-color: red;

You could also create a css class called iframeScrollbar and include this in your iframe code

e.g. You must be logged in to see this link." width="975" height="1500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="auto" class="iframeScrollbar"> </iframe>

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

smokey651
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  14:33:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what would the scrollbar code look like?

Go to Top of Page

blackcasket
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  13:58:35  Show Profile  Send blackcasket a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I was having the same problem. Now the only thing is, I still have the white border around my forum. I've tried the instructions above, however I can't get it to work. I was able to add the extention to my home link though so that it isn't framed. If someone could please offer me further assistance with this I would appreciate it.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  12:50:58  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its because you have not set any page margins. You should include something like the following on your webpage
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" leftmargin="0" 
    topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2