ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Subscriptions - can the email include the new post
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ding
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  11:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The title says it all really.

I have some members who are not permitted to access the 'net at work except for work purposes but they are allowed to use email.

The subscription will notify them of any new posts but ideally I would like the subs email to include the text of the new post. They still won't be able to respond but they would be able to keep up to date with events.

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  15:04:51  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unless I'm mistaken it will only email once, the first time someone replies and not for subsequent replies. I'll have to check it out.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Ding
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  16:44:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply Padraic.
You have misunderstood my question. I would like the email to include the body text of the post rather than just a link to the post so members do not have to visit the forum to read the post (but obviously they need to visit if they want to reply).
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  17:35:38  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I realise that.
quote:
They still won't be able to respond but they would be able to keep up to date with events.

The reason they won't be able to keep up to date is because they will only receive notification of the first reply. They should not receive notifications of any other replies until they visit the forum again.

A list server would be more suited to your needs. Receiving updates of topics via email is not really in the spirit of a threaded discussion forum.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2