ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 two columns of text
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Rambigsky

53 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  00:02:38  Show Profile Send Rambigsky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FORMCO,
I am a MOD from the MOC group and also the originator of their member DB using EXCEL. As you may have seen and or been involved with the addition of the members numbers, great job by the way the members are very happy, I was looking at a way to publish two columns of information about the members using DB info.

I know you strip extra spaces but is there a way we mods could publish text with two columns using spaces as the separator?

Thanks for the great work.
RBS

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  03:26:46  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You want a list of their forum names and MOC No in an Excel sheet?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  12:04:20  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If its this list - You must be logged in to see this link.

Tell me exactly what you want and I can probably have it generated automatically.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Rambigsky

53 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  08:55:05  Show Profile Send Rambigsky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Sir,
First before you do anything more I would like to get Lady RV's blessing. So please do not act on my stuff below until she confirms this thread. Thanks for your reply.

That is what we are looking for. We want to generate that list and update it daily. If you can generate it and update it automatically that would be great.

I built an excel DB that builds the text, in FORUMCO format, for the daily intros and Stats and Facts. It pulls the new members data almost automatically. It pulls the location information and attempts to build the correct state information per member. My DB also uses the members number because that is needed to pull the members profile info, as you know.

Originally I was talking about combining this member numbers information with the STATS and FACTS post. However if you can generate and post the members numbers info automatically then that makes it easier.

I hope I have not confused things. As stated our goal is to publish a list of all the MOC numbers and members names as you found in the admin section. If you can generate that posting for us then it is one less thing the MODs would have to upload.

I would recommend posting the file "MOC MEMBER NUMBERS" just below our STATS and FACTS ID~99.ASP in RVBUDDY'S REALM ID~22.ASP.

Thanks again for your reply.
RBS
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  09:41:46  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can automatically generate a file with member usernames and moc numbers. Thats easy to do. Is there any other info you need in it?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Rambigsky

53 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  22:18:29  Show Profile Send Rambigsky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic,
I received authorization from Lady RV to go ahead with the list. Do you need any other information from us? Thank you very much for your assistance.

One request, please let us know if you ever change your main page and member profile table. I have built the DB download software around it's current structure. I pull the total posts, last member number and member location information from the first page and the members profile page.
Thanks
RBS
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  04:33:08  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link.

Save the file with extension csv e.g. moc.csv

It should open up in Excel.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Rambigsky

53 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  17:38:06  Show Profile Send Rambigsky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic,
Thanks for the help.
RBS
Go to Top of Page

Rambigsky

53 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  04:00:35  Show Profile Send Rambigsky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic,
Can the link you listed be set to update automatically each day at say midnight? The info you provided is already available to us on our excel database, however, if the link can be set to automatically update daily I would ask you to provide the following links of information, User name, User number (just the number), and the users location.
We are looking for a way to keep my DB up to date off a web and you may have the best approach. Right now I have to zip and email the whole spreadsheet to other MODS. If you can do that then I would ask for a different delimiter because the location file uses commas in the free flow text. Actually I can code the first two commas as delimiters and work the rest.
My main concern is not causing you any additional work.
Thanks for your help
RBS
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  05:04:41  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its up to date every time you download it. I can put any delimiter you want into the text file.
Its doesn't have to be a download file either, I can make it so that it looks like another page of the forum (and make it only available to moderators).

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Rambigsky

53 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  08:24:32  Show Profile Send Rambigsky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic,
That is great. Please be patient with me. This will solve one big concern of pulling a master db and help save web time getting info.
Please post it in the ADMIN section under SCOOTERS Cavern. Make it a sticky. Use "\" as the delimiter and give me the three columns
user name
user number
Oh I would like the data with the last member on top (largest number) in descending order if possible. I will play with it and go from there.
Thanks a lot
RBS

Edited by - Rambigsky on 08/31/2005 08:28:21
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  11:23:11  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't make it a sticky topic for reasons I won't go into because it would take too long to explain. What I was thinking of was having an extra link at the top right hand side of the forum which only moderators would see or including it in the admin area of the forum (where only admins have access to).

No problem with the delimiter and descending order. By "location" you mean country?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  13:20:30  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Done. If you need me to get rid of the <br> tags in the source I can.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Rambigsky

53 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  00:20:02  Show Profile Send Rambigsky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Padraic,
Thanks I think. I do not see any link in the admin section or the top right corner. If you made it where only ADMIN can see it that is our problem. I am only a MOD and MODs need access to this link also.
Thanks
RBS
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  06:56:50  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It will always be here - You must be logged in to see this link.

I haven't restricted access to it yet as I didn't know if you wanted me to do that or how you wanted it done. Is the page above suitable? Does it need any further changes?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Rambigsky

53 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  02:06:54  Show Profile Send Rambigsky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is great.
Sorry I missed your question. By location I mean city,state,country. You have one field in the profile called LOCATION:. That is where I get the free flow text to build the states for my database. If you ever add the City, State and Country fields I could just use them.

As I thought about this, here are a couple more columns if you can add them.
Date members joined and number of posts.
Fine on leaving it open right now. All this info is already available on the forum it just takes a little longer to pull.
Also apologize I did not think to look at the first url link. I expect we will be pulling from it weekly and probably daily once I get the new code built to process this data. It will take a lot less time than my present process. That is pulling each of your web pages and capturing the data.
RBS

Edited by - Rambigsky on 09/02/2005 03:16:43
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2