ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Pay Pal questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  10:26:48  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am considering taking donations to help contribute to the cost of the forum. You mentioned once before that a button could be added the members could click on that would allow them to donate via Pay Pal. How exactly does that work? Will the money come to me and an account I designate it to or would it all go to ForumCo?

I went to Pay Pal's web site and it didn't really answer that question clearly for me. Also wouldn't there be a fee either taken from the proceeds collected?

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  11:09:18  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Login to your account in paypal.
Goto merchant tools.
Click "Donations" under "Accepting Website Payments"
Fill up the form and create a Donations button.
Put it in a sticky topic.

Paypal charge fees (so do every other credit card processor) but its a lot easier than setting up a merchant account and creating the code needed to accept payments.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  11:30:30  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Padraic,

The fee is more than reasonable and like you say it would be the easiest way. The thing I don't get is it if goes directly to ForumCo or to me so that I can add it to my bank account and pay as we go?

That seems to be my only foggy area? Well at least on this issue.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  12:02:58  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It goes directly to you.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  13:14:43  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I will try and set that up. Do you add the button to the forum page? If so will it be on the top or bottom of the forum? Can it show up on every page other than the threads?

By the way love the Search by E-mail address feature, it's helped more than I can tell you.

I'd tell you to keep up the good work, but it goes without asking that you will.

You're a doll,
Lady RV

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  13:57:03  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'll have to put the button in a sticky thread for the moment. I'm having a mod written which would allow you to add any html to the top or bottom of the forum. It will be included in the next release.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  17:59:57  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, Got it...I think. LOL

I can also send it out in massive e-mail. Thank you Padraic,

Lady RV

Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  14:25:02  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still a bit confused with the Button although not the sticky topic. How do I show a button. I'm sorry to bother you but I am a bit in over my head here I think.

Lady RV

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2005 :  14:09:29  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You would have to allow html on your forums and copy & paste the code paypal give you.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2005 :  14:45:01  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So again a dumb question probably but I already allow forum code and if I remember correctly I can't allow both. Is that correct? If I allow HTML which if I also remember correctly, it's not a option recommended by ForumCo?

Thanks as always for your help.

Lady RV

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2005 :  17:34:46  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you generate the button at paypal and then email it to me?

I'll test it and see what the best way to add it would be.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  15:09:11  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am e-mailing you the button. Thank you for your help. It's been a bit busy here so it took me a while to create it.

Lady RV

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  15:47:27  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got you're email but I'm afraid its not what I needed.
You need to follow the instructions in my second post above. Only you can generate the button using Paypal's system. Its not a graphic, its html code which renders as a button. I need the html code.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2005 :  17:07:40  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, I will try and accomplish that after work. I have this button published on my picture site, but that is not the HTML you're referring to.

I really appreciate your patience.

Lady RV

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  07:00:59  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its easy believe me. In the meantime you could create a sticky topic and ask your members with paypal accounts to send donations to you. All they need is the email address you use for paypal.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  12:53:26  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Padraic,

I am out of town and using a cell phone for a modem, pretty darn slow!

I just wanted to check in and see how it was going in regards to getting the button on the forum? I know you're busy! Just wondered if there as an ETA?

Thank you,
Lady RV

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2