ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Disappearing topics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

FedUp
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2019 :  00:30:08  Show Profile  Visit FedUp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this is going to get me anywhere as from the dates on the previous posts it looks as though nobody's been using this page for a very long time, but I'll try anyway.
My problem is that since just before Christmas all the Categories/Topics that were on my site have vanished into thin air. This is all I now see when I visit the site

I have tried to email forumco to ask for advice, but the emails keep being returned as undelivered. I have tried several times to sign in to these forums using the username I used before, but it refuses to recognise my log in details and when I tried to change my password the reminder emails never arrived. I have now signed up with a new username (and also had to use a different email address because it said my other one was already in use -- in which case why can you not send me reminder emails for my password ?)
Anyway, I'm completely fed up with all this now. I've paid for a forum that nobody can use because it isn't working and nobody seems able to help me. If I don't get a response to this I shall just have to cancel my payments because I'm tired of paying for something that I can no longer use.

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2019 :  09:55:09  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I don't know if this is going to get me anywhere as from the dates on the previous posts it looks as though nobody's been using this page for a very long time, but I'll try anyway.

I responded to a topic 40 minutes before you posted this.

We don't support free forums any more.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

FedUp
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2019 :  23:19:24  Show Profile  Visit FedUp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My forum is NOT a free forum, I've been paying for it for at least the past 14 years
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2019 :  09:52:48  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Send me your latest receipt via PM.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

FedUp
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2019 :  20:30:57  Show Profile  Visit FedUp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have no idea where I might find that at the moment. All I know is that I signed up for my forum -- a PAID forum - way back in the dim, dark, distant past (probably sometime before 2005 anyway) Since then I've had an email every year informing me that the annual payment was coming up soon, then a week or two later I'd get another email saying that it had been paid. Everything just went through automatically with no problems, so I never really gave it very much thought until all the Topics and Categories on my site suddenly disappeared in the week before Christmas. After that I tried several times to sign in to these Support forums using the name I used before, but I couldn't remember my password and every time I requested to get a new password the reminder emails never arrived.
The problem at the moment is that I've changed my broadband provider, email addresses and laptops so many times that I've got no idea which email address I used when I first signed up, so I don't really know where to start looking. I've also changed bank accounts a few times over the years and I don't really know exactly where the annual payments were being sent from. Was I paying via PayPal, or a credit card or my bank account, I've tried searching through my past statements but I don't know exactly what I'm looking for. Who would the payments be made to ? Would it say Forumco, or something else ?
This is just driving me nuts. I WAS deinitely paying for the forum, it was NOT a free forum, there were never any adverts on it or anything. Maybe the reason it suddenly went belly-up is because the last payment never went through for some reason, but unless I can remember which account it was being paid from I can't find out. I just don't know what to do next.
Go to Top of Page

FedUp
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2019 :  20:31:40  Show Profile  Visit FedUp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't you have any way of checking my past records at your end ?
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2019 :  18:24:56  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pauline, if you have a Paypal account you should (if you haven’t already done so) tried to see if they have records of any payments to ForumCo.
If you paid by a credit card, see if they can provide any payments to ForumCo or Paypal.
You say you’ve made some changes in your credit cards; your bank accounts, and other accounts. It’s sounds almost like you have “laundered” your identity. But your previous accounts should still have records.

I will add this; It appears that the “chatonline”, aka. “Pauline’s Parlour” is still online; however when I tried to register as a member the process appeared to work okay. But, I just like you, never received any email confirmation email. Therefore I get an “incorrect password – email” notice on the forum site when I try to login.
The odd part is that the statistics on the site shows four different members have signed in and visited the forum in the last few days; one as late as 22 hours ago? That tells me the site still works to some degree. But, no new members can join or current members can make changes to their profiles. But some are still able to log in and are using it.

I don’t know if any of what I told you above helps, but here it is for what it’s worth.
Rulmer (moderator)
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2019 :  15:56:55  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I know what is wrong but I cannot give a timeframe as to when it will be fixed.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  10:49:13  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Should be back now.

You will need to edit the category names.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  13:12:30  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rulmer, do you get other email from forumco.com?

PM me the email address that didn't receive the email.

All email is actually sent from forumco.com. It's usually a problem on the receiving end i.e. something the receiving email server doesn't like about the email.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  16:30:10  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't seem to get any email lately from ForumCo; Not on my ForumCo Support profile email or the one I used to try to register on Pauline's Parlour. But really, there has been no reason for anyone to send me an email via the forum for some time now.
I've PM(ed) you the email I used to register on her forum.
A few minutes ago I noticed I was logged into her forum when I went to it. So I logged out; and now it will not let me log back in. Weird stuff ????
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  17:54:26  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well....., trying a complete different username and password to register on Pauline's forum doesn't work either. I don't receive any confirmation email, or being allowed to log into the forum.
My guess is the Admin settings of the forum are set to not allow any new memberships or the sending of emails via that forum.
My hands are tied on this problem, but let me know if there is any way I can help.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2019 :  21:06:44  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sent you a test email from this board. Did you get it?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2019 :  01:33:42  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

I sent you a test email from this board. Did you get it?

Yes, I got two emails today from you. So I don't think it's a problem with my email account's ability to receive emails via ForumCo.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2019 :  15:21:45  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About the emails you sent me; I'm sorry, I never thought that my reply (which I did via my email account) would not be able to get back to you. I should have sent you an email via the forum to let you know I had got them.
Go to Top of Page

FedUp
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2019 :  17:27:56  Show Profile  Visit FedUp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I'm happy to say that everything is back up now and all seems to be running as normal, so thank you so much for sorting it out . I know that I haven't got very many members left nowadays, but my most loyal member is 97 years old next month and he's really missed the site while it was down. Sorry for not responding sooner, I've been a bit under the weather.

Rumer, yes it does sound a bit as though I've been laundering my identity Just had a lot of problems and bad luck in the past few years, including being completely off line for almost a year a few years back after someone or something ran up a BT bill of over £1,000 while I was in hospital. I knew nothing about it until I got home and found out I'd been cut off. I completely lost one of my other websites during that time, because the host went bankrupt and I couldn't get online to save all the files and pictures before they disappeared, so I was very upset when I thought I'd lost this one as well

Yes, people were still able to sign in to the site, the problem was that after signing in they couldn't post anything because all the Topics had disappeared
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2