ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 forum is very slow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jackbrim
Starting Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  07:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone please help me.

My members are complaining that the forum is running so slow so they are getting fed up and are not using it. This is a main source of communication between members other than the meetings so they rely heavily on it.

Thank you

You must be logged in to see this link.

I am no lady but definately a woman

mariumm
Starting Member

Portugal
18 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  07:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The same is happening whith You must be logged in to see this link. ...

It would be nice to have some tips to solve this question, getting rid of old and useless posts/inactive users will help to make the forum run faster? In case of afirmative answer will it be a great improvement?

Does the speed of each forum depends on the other foruns or the work done to make each forum lighter is independent of the others?

If the all foruns interact in the overall speed, and the amount of information does slows down the navigation speed, i sugest that every administrator perform some "cleaning" in is forum, so the admin of forumco.com could notify by mail each one of us, whith instructions to speed up things...

Is there any diference in speed between the paid swolution and the freeforum?

Any improvement that we can do at You must be logged in to see this link. will be made in order to obtain better navigation speed... hope every other forum will do the same!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  07:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is what I get on your forum right now.
quote:
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds.

Are you logged in as an admin?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

mariumm
Starting Member

Portugal
18 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  12:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Generaly i´m in as an admin, but even when i´m as guest ou whith other user the problem ocours, not everytime, but sometimes, i don´t know if it because of the quantity of information ... the traffic ... but the forumm users are giving me feedback of slowliness occurring often, glad it is not everytime ... although beeig a non continuous problem makes diagnosis of the isue some harder...

If there is some way i can help you helping me (us) let me know ;)

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  12:19:21  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A screen shot of the page your users are getting (including the timer in the bottom left corner) along with a traceroute to forumm.forumco.com would help.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

elitecagefighting
Starting Member

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  12:47:09  Show Profile  Visit elitecagefighting's Homepage Send elitecagefighting a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is NO WAY that timer is correct. I sit and wait for what seems like 30 seconds, just for it to say "This page was generated in 0.61 seconds". That must be how long it takes to retrieve the page once the initial contact is made with your sever. Takes forever to get that initial communication with your server though.

www.EliteCageFighting.com

Edited by - elitecagefighting on 06/17/2010 12:48:38
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  13:29:10  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is believe it or not. The timer starts at the top of the page and stops at the bottom. There is obviously a bottleneck in sending the page out after its processed. It should be working a bit better this evening.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2