ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Forum Help and Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wedigdixie
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  18:04:17  Show Profile  Visit wedigdixie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am sure this has been asked before but I figured I would ask again since I am new, is there at anytime that forum-co will add a self hosting image page. So we wont have to use tinypic or photobucket, I think that forum-co is one of the best free forums out there and offers the most options for free, but just wish yall had an image hosting on the forum. I was looking through old threads and saw that there was one but the link does not work anymore, if you dont mind me asking what happened? I would imagine it took up to much bandwidth. But maybe that is something you should offer to people who pay for their sites, just a thought... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also if I have some animated smiles is there any way I can upload them to my forum.

Thannks
wedigdixie

http://wedigdixie.com

Edited by - wedigdixie on 05/18/2009 18:05:22

wedigdixie
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  22:44:33  Show Profile  Visit wedigdixie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HMMMM so nobody has a clue

http://wedigdixie.com
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  10:05:27  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"I am sure this has been asked before but I figured I would ask again since I am new, is there at anytime that forum-co will add a self hosting image page. So we wont have to use tinypic or photobucket, I think that forum-co is one of the best free forums out there and offers the most options for free, but just wish yall had an image hosting on the forum. I was looking through old threads and saw that there was one but the link does not work anymore, if you don’t mind me asking what happened? I would imagine it took up to much bandwidth. But maybe that is something you should offer to people who pay for their sites, just a thought... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also if I have some animated smiles is there any way I can upload them to my forum."

wedigdixie:
You can add, and change some of the smiles, using the options provided within the Admin Options of your forum.

I can’t speak for ForumCo, I’m only a moderator; but I doubt that ForumCo will provide Web-Hosting-Space for forum Admins, at the same price they pay for a forum. A forum is one thing, web hosting space is another.

However, there are a great number of “Free” web host sites provided by other companies, such as Geocities, etc. of which an Admin can take advantage of. (But, the allowed bandwidth per hour of those sites does cause a problem when using animated type images.)

As far as using those animated smiles and such, here is one option you might want to try. ( I’ve done this in some of my forums in the past.)

If the images are already on the web, and have a URL, create a topic with all the images you wish to provide for your members. They can simply copy from that topic the image’s URL and paste it within their post whenever and wherever they want to use the image. (Use the “Image Brackets” option provided for placing the URL of the image within a psot.)

Usually the provider (Host of the images), where you found them at, keeps the images hosted. So, you don’t end up with a lot of “Red X” boxes later showing up on your forum’s postings.

And there are other ways of providing images for your members…
One being, each member could also get their own “Free” account with a “Free” web space providing host, such as Geocities; and then store their own images on the web for use on the forum.

An Admin can assist members of their forum, but should not be expected to do all things for the members. But, many (most) members do need help in understanding some of the things they can do within the forum's limits.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2