ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 order of posts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wesgrady
Starting Member

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  21:51:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a way of ordering the posts so that the last post is at the top, rather than the bottom? Some threads are getting pretty long and it is bothersome scrolling down through dozens of posts to see the last one.

bubbles

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  22:11:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree! We have the 'BACK to TOP' feature... is there such a thing as 'back to bottom' LOL (I've never seen one). Its wearysome to keep landing on page 1 when we click on a thread. but hey, re-training my eye-brain to LOOK at page count FIRST is slowly taking place.

You must be logged in to see this link.

I think Wes is asking for UPGRADES at ye ole FORUMco.. LOL

Bubbles Magoo Admin for Ellies Chat Forum
http://jh1074x.forumco.com/default.asp
Go to Top of Page

wesgrady
Starting Member

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  09:46:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, what I am asking for is the ability to sort the posts inside individual topics by ascending or descending order.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  12:26:57  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Topic is the “Subject” of a thread. To do it in the reverse order (putting replies first) would not be practical. For example; it would be like answering a question, before the question is known or read.
Go to Top of Page

wesgrady
Starting Member

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  12:39:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I beg to differ. When there are multiple comments and the thread takes the normal sidestep, it is more useful to read the last comment and the one before that and then respond.

Our other message boards for this community have both allowed for this change and the 100+ members of my new board are asking for it. PLEASE!!
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  13:57:13  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but I’m not aware of any options that would enable the Admin to reverse the order of replies to a Topic. The forums’ properties are set up so that anyone reading a Topic (Thread) and its replies, and the replies to replies, are first come, then second, etc.
There is always the option for the Admin to close the Topic (Lock it), and start a new thread (Topic), should the thread become extra long.
Go to Top of Page

bubbles

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  16:42:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the only time we get to see last post/reply is right here, in the post/reply box (as i write this, i can see them:)

1) topic review (OP)
2) 5 or more latest replies.. (im looking at them right now)

bottom line, its exhausting.. running around trying to find last post, (I forget to hit pull down box that takes me to last page.. i set it up to 20... i wrote number in myself. '20')

Wes, do you have the number of posts per (cant recall exact wording.. its in admins, i changed ours from 10 to 30. Heck, I have increased numbers whereever possible in feature configs and main configs)

Bubbles Magoo Admin for Ellies Chat Forum
http://jh1074x.forumco.com/default.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2