ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 constant need to login
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wesgrady
Starting Member

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  15:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While visiting our forum, I am often asked to login multiple times, often as much as 4 times in a row. It has become a problem and while I appreciate that these forums are managed a long way from South Carolina, USA, I have sent not less than 5 e-mails about problems without a response. I feel unwilling to step up to the no-banner forum without someone at forumco at least willing to pay attention to us.

One suggestion that I found on the suggestion board was to correct our time clock. That is fine, except the forumco time clock is 10 minutes slow and I can't get anyone at forumco to pay attention to me.

Perhaps I should move our forum elsewhere

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  12:34:44  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Off hand, it would appear that the problem is more likely how you have your browser settings, as far as storing cookies, etc., that is causing you to have to login multiple times. However, even if you are logged into the forum, you have to login again to access the Admin Options and other tools provided for an Admin.

There seems to be no problems with my forum, or multiple unexpected login type problems. I don’t think the problem is with ForumCo’s program.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  12:38:57  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You should be using the support forum before you send email.

10 minutes would not make any difference to your problem. Besides the servers clocks are supposed to be synchronised automatically.

Are you using a firewall? What browser are you using ?

Most importantly - what is your forum url ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  12:39:42  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The server is 10 minutes out but I'll fix that later.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

wesgrady
Starting Member

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  15:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry that I was supposed to be using this instead of contacting the forum administrator, but that does not excuse your failure to respond to 5 messages.

I am having the same problem, with and without the firewall.
I am having the problem with both IE and with Firefox.
I have cookies enabled. I do find that when I remove the cookies, I have less of a problem for several hours.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Wes Grady
Go to Top of Page

bubbles

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  16:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
-I am going up the wall with how many times I have to keep re logging in. (while im midst of replying to members, oh NO! i have to copy/ just incase i have to paste.. been doing this 2 months)

-Our timer is off as well.

OYE!!

we are:

ElliesList
Go to Top of Page

bubbles

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  16:53:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

You should be using the support forum before you send email.

10 minutes would not make any difference to your problem. Besides the servers clocks are supposed to be synchronised automatically.

Are you using a firewall? What browser are you using ?

Most importantly - what is your forum url ?

argggggggg! i still cant get into knowlegebase.....
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  18:36:48  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wesgrady

I am sorry that I was supposed to be using this instead of contacting the forum administrator, but that does not excuse your failure to respond to 5 messages.

I am having the same problem, with and without the firewall.
I am having the problem with both IE and with Firefox.
I have cookies enabled. I do find that when I remove the cookies, I have less of a problem for several hours.

Wes Grady

The server time has been fixed.

The problem with logging in is specifically to do with your setup and could be caused by any number of things outside of our control. There are a few things you can do to see if it helps.

Ensure that the time / date / year is set correctly on your computer.
Ensure that you are not blocking forumco.com cookies.
Ensure that you are not browsing the forum via a frame or iframe.

What firewall are you using ?
Who is your ISP ?

Do you have any other relevant info? A screen shot of what happens or can you describe the problem in greater detail ?

I logged into your forums using IE8 and Firefox without problem.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

bubbles

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  21:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In all honesty, i have no idea who i am suppose to set the timer to. me in San Fran??? Mean time in England??
i dont know. all members were griping, now we ignore it.

I finally just set it at ZERO... *throws hands in air* no matter what time I set it at, its NOT going to match someone somewhere. we have members from all over USA and Can.
and military time? oh heck no! LOL wouldnt know where to begin that. Dont tell me, thats what i am to do? MILITARY!! yikes.

I am just Forum Admin. not owner; hes busy in Ad's.. trying to learn his way around.

EDIT:
And he lives in GA! 3 hours ahead of me! LOL.. just a group of people from all over...

Bubbles Magoo Admin for Ellies Chat Forum
http://jh1074x.forumco.com/default.asp

Edited by - bubbles on 05/06/2009 22:06:41
Go to Top of Page

wesgrady
Starting Member

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  21:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My time/date/year are correctly set on my computer.
Forumco.com cookies are on the computer and are not blocked.
I am not browsing via a frame or iframe.
my firewall is Online Armor, but as I said, it happens whether or not the firewall is running.
my ISP is hargray.com

what happens is that every time I post to the forum, I have to enter my login, both before and after and each time I go back to home, I have to enter login. If I am working in ADMIN, I have to enter at least 2, 3 or 4 times in a row before it will take a command. A screenshot won't show you anything other than the login screen.

I have read through the threads and see that others have had this problem as well, so I don't think the problem is with my machine.

Wes
Go to Top of Page

bubbles

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  22:26:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wesgrady

My time/date/year are correctly set on my computer.
Forumco.com cookies are on the computer and are not blocked.
I am not browsing via a frame or iframe.
my firewall is Online Armor, but as I said, it happens whether or not the firewall is running.
my ISP is hargray.com

what happens is that every time I post to the forum, I have to enter my login, both before and after and each time I go back to home, I have to enter login. If I am working in ADMIN, I have to enter at least 2, 3 or 4 times in a row before it will take a command. A screenshot won't show you anything other than the login screen.
I have read through the threads and see that others have had this problem as well, so I don't think the problem is with my machine.

Wes

Go to Top of Page

bubbles

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  23:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am still having to re log in too many times. this is BS!

reauthenticate myself.. why? i am already in! it gets in the way of me trying to build the dam forum. i am loosing my temper now.

Bubbles Magoo Admin for Ellies Chat Forum
http://jh1074x.forumco.com/default.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2