ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Add members
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dg247
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  17:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to directly add members to a forum.
i.e if I have email ids can I directly add them to a board, once added they are notify be email that they have been added and can click on the link to activate their account.

Pls let me know.

Thanks

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  17:46:05  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Turn on email validation in the admin area. You can then register the users on the forum yourself and the forum will email them a link. It won't email them a password though, you will have to let them know what it is by email yourself.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

dg247
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  18:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay,

Email validation is on, I clicked on the profile link, it shows up page to fill in data and create a user name.
I guess once I fill that, a confirmation email will go to the person whose email id is added.... and then the person will click to confirm and I will have to manually send him the password ...Is that correct?

Its good but doing one-on one is difficult, the user that I'm trying to add is large. Is there a process to add more than one user at a time, cause manually adding is tedious and time consuming

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  18:16:32  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid there isn't a way around it. If there was, the spammers would have a field day adding bogus accounts.

If you have mods or admins you trust, you could ask them to help out by dividing the usernames & email addresses between them.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

dg247
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  18:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay,

Is there any limit to the numbers of users that can be added per day, Just in case all of us admin and moderators decide to sit down one day and users.

Also, one more thing, when some forgets his password and clicks on the forget password link, he is asked to enter user name and password.
Fine is you forget your password.

What is the person forget his user name and not the password.
how can he know his user name, without asking the admin.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  19:01:09  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is no limit to the amount of members that can be added per day.

quote:
he is asked to enter user name and password.
he is asked to enter user name and email address.

You can find out a username by searching for their email address on the members page.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

dg247
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  19:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for quick responses

Yes! I know I can find the user name by searching via email id, I did for one person found his user id and emailed him back - what his use id was. But my point was, can someone do it without the help of admin.
i.e. find his user name by just entering the email id on his own?

One last thing - About subscription.

I could see the admin has option to remove a user from an type of subscription, Does he has option to add anyone to a particular section/forum/topic?

I looked over the forum but couldn't get the answers. There are threads that mention how to enable subscription for a user and how a user can subscribe to the topic or forum he or she wants.

My question is, can I add a particular user to whole board or particular section of the board. I know if I create a new user, I can do that.
But in cases such as where
1)I make or add a new user and he changes his password.
2)user registers own his own - how do I add him to subscriptions of a particular section or topic.

If I can add him, does he get notified.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  04:15:42  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only admins can search by email address (for security reasons).

The only way to subscribe someone is to login as them. Its not really ethical to subscribe someone without their knowledge. You cannot subscribe someone if you don't know their password or they register on their own.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2