ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 admin log in problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lightningstrikerc
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  08:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I log in under members log in, and it says successful, then i click admin options, and it asks me to log in under admin log in, i do this and it says successful. but then it takes me right back to the members log in screen, and I can not access anything.

I have gone to the page to delete cookies no help there.

You must be logged in to see this link.

I recently changed the setting "allow anonymous members" to off, up until that time it worked fine. Was this the problem? Also on the page with that setting none of the help buttons function, they ate just blank pages.

Edited by - lightningstrikerc on 03/13/2008 08:51:19

lightningstrikerc
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  09:09:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont know what happened but its working properly now if someone repaired this for me thanks!
Go to Top of Page

lightningstrikerc
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  13:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
doing the same thing again. litterally have to log with every click of the mouse. log in to read every thread, every topic, everything. settings were set back to original, pertaining to anonymous members, and the problem was resolved for some time now problem is all over again.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  14:13:22  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might try (if you’re not already doing so) signing in to the “Admin” section, from only the main page after you’ve already logged in to the forum. See if it lets you in , and sticks. Also, see if it will “auto” take you to the “Admin” section (without you clicking the option to go there after you sign in to it.) In other words, allow your computer, and the website operations to do their thing. It may be a “Time delayed” problem. Make sure your computer is not otherwise busy or slow at the time you do this; from doing something else, like running a virus check, or other scheduled operation at the time you’re trying to log in.
It could also be your sever is slow today, and the program is waiting on some info back from your computer, it could be any number of other things as well.

My forum is working okay today, so it appears to be something unique to your forum, or something else that is going on.

Are you the only “Admin” of your forum? Did someone else, who has access, change something?

I probably haven’t been much help; Sorry, but I don’t have access to anything pertaining to the enter workings of private forums, not even my own, at least not at the level that may need to be checked for you.

Padraic, or another forum admin, will check on that soon for you, I’m sure.

Ron

Edited by - RUlmer on 03/13/2008 14:14:43
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  09:16:09  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What browser are you using ?

Is the date, time and year set correctly on your computer ?

Any other info you can provide ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

lightningstrikerc
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  10:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using mozilla firefox, on windows xp. yes the time/date/year is correct, and I have had no problems for the first few days of setting the forum up. right now all seems to be working fine, so I have no idea what could have happened.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  10:19:27  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Either you are viewing cached pages from Firefox or your ISP

or

Firefox is not accepting our cookie.

In Firefox, can you go to Options >> Security Tab >> Exceptions

Enter You must be logged in to see this link.

Click Allow. Then Close. Then OK.

Try logging in again.

Let me know if the problem persists.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  10:55:52  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two different “Admins” cookies?
This may be way out there, but do you have someone else you have given “Admin” status to?
If so, is it possible you both may have been signed into the “Admin Options” at the same time?
It was just a thought; and I don't know that this would have confused the program. However, strange things do happen.

I personally, (although forum Administrators do sometimes make other members “co-admins”) don’t feel it is always a good idea. It may be needed in some forums, but sometimes the left hand may not be aware of what the right hand is, or has done, in such arrangements (setups). It really depends a great deal on how well the “Admins” keep each other informed, on any changes made, when there is more than one of them. But, it is not necessary to have more than one Admin in most cases.
This probably doesn’t have anything to do with your recent login problems, but it was a good opportunity to point out problems that can occur with more than one Admin for a forum. Which, is really not needed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2