ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Free Forum Support
 Strange Events at me Forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ayko
Starting Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2011 :  10:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another question I have involves the number of 'guests' that visit my forum message board, I have not advertised (much) as I continue to restructure the new looks of the forum but I did mention my forum on a couple of other popular forums and since then I have had a large number of unregistered 'guests' visiting the site on a daily basis, Many of them posting or trying to post messages as guests, which is not possible,

It is as if another version of my forum existed where members have joined and been diverted to leaving me doing the work while others take the credit elsewhere, I know this may sound crazy or exaggerated to some but, I have had such experiences in the past, that is why I ask, If it is not that, what could it be with such a huge volume of 'guests' usually posting messages that cannot be posted and absolutely none of them joining,

In addition, one friend of mine in Belgium joined and after about ten posted messages she suddenly never returned, and all my mails to her at facebook and to her private email never reach her anymore, I cannot even say hello now,

Another (internet) friend joined and since that day all contact to her at other forums and at my forum has stopped 100% as if she suddenly vanished from the face of the Earth, or at least the face of my internet access here, That was directly after she said she would join and even help out as a mod and even expressed excitement about it, That was the last I 'heard' from her,

Another person I met a few weeks ago, also interested in philosophy like me, said he would join with the name Damien, On that same day a new member joined with the name Damien and the profile read that he is a 13 year old martial arts instructor, which I thought funny, A few days later I saw that person again and asked why he joined and never posted anything and about the 'under age for internet forums' when he is in his 20s and the martial arts instructor thing and he said he had joined but did not yet fill out his profile with anything of the sort, I never heard from him again,

Any comments please...

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  04:10:14  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The unregistered guests are malicious bots.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2