ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Slow Loading?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  12:10:29  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I’ve noticed my forum, and this one loading slow. Will archiving old post help enable the forum to load faster?

R Ulmer

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  12:47:12  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may have answered my own question. After I did archive many of the older post, the forum, and pages within it, load a lot faster.

R Ulmer
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  13:42:36  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't noticed any slowness at all recently. Archiving will help. So will logging out as an admin and logging in as a normal user.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

tessa
Starting Member

Australia
44 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  05:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how often should we archive?
Go to Top of Page

RUlmer

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  10:58:37  Show Profile Send RUlmer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To me, how often one needs to archive, would depend on the amount of traffic, or rather the number of post made on your forum. I really don't know, if it helped my forum to load faster; but I was way over due (time wise and the number of post) and I needed to do an archive anyway. Obviously, if few post are being done on a forum, there is no reason to archive maintenance as often.

R Ulmer
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  10:43:25  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My forum has a hard time archiving, any clue as to why?

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  05:31:54  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because it is massive. I will have to do it for you. Everything older than 30 days ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  22:11:15  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
60 days, sometimes it is good to have olde topics. Massive, the forum or ???

Thanks Padraic!!!
Go to Top of Page

tessa
Starting Member

Australia
44 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  02:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
guess i'd better get on it then.
ta.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  09:27:42  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Katie May, its going to take a while. The forums with 100,000 plus topics & replies will take some time to archive. I archived your "Welcome to Perryville" forum already without problem.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  10:12:15  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forums is running real slow right now, wondering if you are archiving or the forums in general are slow loading? Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  10:29:17  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, got the answer to my question already. Appreciate everything you do.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2