ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 PM malfunctioning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  17:28:33  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our PM feature is not functioning correctly on the forward feature. It has been happening for quite some time now and I've not mentioned it. It's a feature I use often to communicate with my other admins and mods.

Thank you very much,
Lady RV

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  08:53:16  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When you say "not functioning correctly" can you describe exactly whats happening?

I'll get to your pm's later.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  09:05:04  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I receive a PM and go through the "Forward" to feature, then hit send...it appears to be fine. However what is really happening is nothing. They are not sent, nor do they show up in my "Outbox" when I check to see if they have been read.

This has been happening for sometime now, but I neglected to report it to you. My life seems to be so crazy busy sometimes and then well, heck I forget.

ANOTHER ISSUE:

A member has been trying to change their e-mail address in their profile. When you hit submit you get the following message:

quote:
There Was A Problem With The Details

E-mail Address already in use, Please Choose Another

Go Back To Enter Data

Back To Forum

She reported that she knew that address was not in use. When I searched in the member base it does not show up as a used e-mail address. So, what should I do? I have seen this kind of thing before but just assumed the address was used...now I am sure?

Thanks again and Happy Valentine's Day, although I think that is most likely an "American Holiday."

Lady RV

Edited by - Montana Owners Club on 02/14/2007 09:19:37
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  09:14:12  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually St. Valentine is buried in Dublin, Ireland.

What is the email address? I'll have to check it for you.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  09:17:20  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had to delete all private messages over 30 days old on your forum. There were tens of thousands in the database. You should really decrease the amount of private messages allowed from 300 to something like 50.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  09:17:53  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are now 5130.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  09:40:52  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Padraic, I will remember that and advise the other Admins. Although I think I am the culprit on this one.

Well then HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I learned something new...and that's great.

I will PM you her e-mail address.

Thank you again, you're the best!

Lady RV

Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  10:22:05  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you confirm if the pm issue is fixed ?

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  10:26:51  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've fixed adelmoll's problem with the email.

When a member changes their email address the address is added to a field in the database and they are send a confirmation email. If they do not act on the confrmation email (or it gets stopped by a spam filter) then they are stuck.

I've deleted the email address from the field in question so that they should be able to use it. The "old" email address is the one attached to her account at the moment.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

Montana Owners Club
ForumCo Moderator

USA
844 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2007 :  22:28:47  Show Profile  Visit Montana Owners Club's Homepage Send Montana Owners Club a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Can you confirm if the pm issue is fixed ?

Yes, the feature is working fine now...thank you.

Thank you to for the fix for adelmoll's e-mail issue.

Can you check the unopened PMs from me to you here on this forum?

Again thank you very much,
Lady RV

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2