ForumCo Support Forums
ForumCo Support Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 ForumCo Support Boards
 Members helping members - Administrator Support
 Updates?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  20:02:26  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the "new" button works the same way as the purple icon then that part is very easy.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Helpdesk Knowledgebase Rate ForumCo @ Hotscripts Rate ForumCo @ Cgi-Resources
Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  21:48:37  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

1. Banning i.p. addresses would require database changes which I cannot do until after June. I made some database changes last year which increased performance but will require me to do a lot of work on future upgrades.

2. Checkbox beside each avatar and a delete button at the bottom? Should be possible.

Sometimes when a person become a terrible nuisance it would be nice not to have to deal with them again, banning would be good in that situation. I hope in the future this can be done. I am very happy with my forum at this point.

Checkboxes for deleting mass avatars is great, hope it's do-able.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  05:13:11  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its very easy to get around an i.p. ban. In fact, I did it yesterday. I accidentally got myself banned by the firewall so I couldn't connect to the main server. All I had to do was disconnect and reconnect to the internet to get back in.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
* error messages * direct link to your forum * any possibly helpful information.
Go to Top of Page

bowrunner
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  08:04:57  Show Profile  Visit bowrunner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was told it would be a good idea to post a proposal for the forums here.

Basically on my forum it displays birthdays that are coming up or have just been, I would like this displayed on my home page in a small box like when the newest posts are displayed through a RSS feed. This will be updated as it is on the forum only it will be on my home page.

Thankyou, hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Katie May

204 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  08:31:33  Show Profile Send Katie May a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always have the same IP, a lot have static IPs.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  08:33:35  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even still, there are relatively ways around it. I will investigate it though.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

MistyH
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2006 :  14:40:40  Show Profile Send MistyH a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was told to post here, I was wondering if there was a way to get a calender added to the boards? I in my group we have monthly events and I would like to have a calander where we can add events to it. Thanks.
Misty
Go to Top of Page

donvito
Starting Member

Afghanistan
8 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  23:24:52  Show Profile  Send donvito a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Events Calendar - it will be great to have an events calendar
Photo Album - this is cool addon too
Chat - i know that is hard to make this but u can try.
Go to Top of Page

elitecagefighting
Starting Member

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  02:35:24  Show Profile  Visit elitecagefighting's Homepage Send elitecagefighting a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The birthday setting is difficult to use. Most people on my forum default at 13 years old.

www.EliteCageFighting.com
Go to Top of Page

Admin
ForumCo Administrator

Éire
4087 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2006 :  04:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Birthdays will be gone from the main forum page soon.

Padraic,

ForumCo Support
www.forumco.com

Please provide:
Go to Top of Page

donvito
Starting Member

Afghanistan
8 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  15:16:06  Show Profile  Send donvito a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
split topics option will be cool
Go to Top of Page

peteypie
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  17:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be impressive to be able to provide RSS feeds from news sites directly to our forums.

Regards,
Peter
Go to Top of Page

nickwit
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  21:50:47  Show Profile  Visit nickwit's Homepage  Send nickwit an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if you do end up with ip banning, let mods be able to do it.

i would also like with ip banning:
warning buttons (for admin and mods) where if a user recieved X warnings, they'd get banned.

also "Mod Options" sounds good (like the "Admin Options")

NickWit.com Forum - Lookin for another moderator, join and PM me if you're interested.

Edited by - nickwit on 04/28/2006 21:51:47
Go to Top of Page

donvito
Starting Member

Afghanistan
8 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2006 :  16:58:00  Show Profile  Send donvito a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nickwit

if you do end up with ip banning, let mods be able to do it.

i would also like with ip banning:
warning buttons (for admin and mods) where if a user recieved X warnings, they'd get banned.

also "Mod Options" sounds good (like the "Admin Options")

support for this.
Go to Top of Page

glocklady
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  09:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see an option added so that members can add their own avatar. Also, my site is weight loss related and I would like for members to be able to add a "ticker" in their signatures. I have used them in other forums and that way the ticker is always updated with our weight loss. Here is what I'm talking about: You must be logged in to see this link. . After creating a ticker, they give you 3 different codes, but none of them will work with ForumCo.
Thanks so much for your help.

You must be logged in to see this link.

http://vickiesfitclub.forumco.com/default.asp
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ForumCo Support Forums © 2000 - 2010 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2